Position Primer 2013 - Cornerback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

We really do need a true No.1 corner cause as much as I like McCourty, he's just barely good enough to hang on to that role, he doesn't wow me from there like he did when we still had Finnegan.

I also don't like how we keep our CB's on one side of the field, sometimes it just seems too easy for other teams to pick on one guy or the other.

And Babs at SS kills everything, even with help over the top McCourty is getting targeted because everyone knows Babs is slow and can't do anything to help his CB.
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Also, I wouldn't mind a Cary Williams return.
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Would be decent
    104 targets 59 receptions against. - 783 yards against.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Well considering I had some confusion going on, the guy I was thinking of, isn't available. But I do agree we need a true #1. McCourty is a 2 to me as well. D.Milliner? Idk if he's a #1 honestly.

And yea the fact that the offense gets to choose their matchups, drives me crazy.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Both Terrance Newman and Pacman Jones are free agents from the Bengals, Pacman had a good year so maybe they let Newman leave? He's be a good CB for us.

And with DJ Moore having ties to Nashville maybe he's brought in? He would be an upgrade at NB.
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

F*** NO to newman. Dude is a puss and can't cover to save his life.

I think there is no doubt that Asomugha gets cut and he's really the only elite CB that'll be available. He's not gonna get the same monster deal that Philly gave him so I think his price tag will be more reasonable. Rather than extend Verner go after Nmamdi. I really think we messed up on the McCourty deal.
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

DRC and Jammer would be nice depending on how much money they'll want. Didn't DRC play college ball in TN?
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

What years are you talking about, cause in 2012 he had a damn good year

and the McCourty deal was a great deal by the front office
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

Probably the last few years before this year. Anyone can have one random good year, just ask Michael Griffin. He's made $100 million off of 10 good games.

Also Newman will be 35 in Sept. No thanks.
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Newman has had many good years