Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Position Primer 2013 - Guard/Center

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    I'm getting worried. Hopefully our FO doesn't think Amano is the answer. I can see us resigning Velasco.

Roos - Velasco - Amano - ____ - Stewart

Then if Hutch returns he'd be the other guard. That's a crap OL. Please don't be foolish Titans.
    Big Time Titan high fives this.
  2. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $975
    Trade back draft Warmack
  3. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $6,066
    That would be horrible! I really hope that they do the right thing which is to add a top FA OL AND draft an OL early in the draft.
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,623
    There's a few good guards this year, Andy Levitre, Louis Vasquez, Kevin Booth... the older Brandon Moore. I prefer Andy Levitre, but any of the 4 would be nice.
  5. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Another guy I am warming to in the draft is Khaled Holmes, the Center from USC. The film I have watched of him looks really good, and despite them not having a dominant ground game, he seems to be really solid as a potential 2nd or 3rd round choice.
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,316
    3rd round talent is about what we have now. No rookie 3rd round pick will improve our line. Need a day-1 starter whos already NFL caliber.
    titantrusince82 high fives this.
  7. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,287
    I wish we had 3rd rnd talent, but I don't think many people would give up a 3rd rnd pick for Hutchinson or Amano at this stage.

I think Holmes is more of a late 3rd to 4th rnd type of talent. He moves pretty well, but I've seen him get pushed around by some of the stronger DTs.
  8. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,316
    Eugene Amano triggered an escalator in his contract, raising his 2013 salary from $3.685 million to $3.935 million
  9. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Updated OP with draft targets
  10. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Great to see we landed the big fish in LeVitre. We are still going to be active here, no doubt. I think the Titans either go after a swing G/T like Geoff Schwartz from MIN, or target a G in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think the chances of drafting Warmack at #10 are pretty slim.