Position Primer 2013 - Quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think you try to renegotiate with Hass. He knows it is a business and that he is getting over paid to be a backup. If he won't do it then you cut him and let him test the open market. Their will be plenty of backup QBs on the market. I really don't think our backup QB is going to make or break our season. Spend the money to help bring in a guy who can impact every game.

If Locker goes down and our backup QB sucks then it just means we get a better draft pick. I don't see many teams with a true franchise QB spending a ton of money on their backup QBs.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's certainly a possibility to get Hasselbeck to hang around at a reduced number.

I think the scenario we really want to protect against is the one where Locker has the team playing well and he goes down for 1-2 games and we need someone to keep the ship going.

Even if we keep Hasselbeck, if Locker is lost for the season in week 1, I would go straight to Rusty and see what we have. As you say, we either find a hidden gem, or land a high draft pick the following year.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didn't know you're allowed to stand on a milk crate, hmm interesting.

If you've ever looked at Jake, he's not 6'3", no way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I get the feeling that Hass would hang around 5 years if we allowed it, he's not running off anywhere and winning a bunch of games for someone else and he knows it.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see no changes.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Considering the team just paid Hawkins $3.5 million to never play I wouldn't doubt that we keep Hasselbeck without even re-negotiating his deal.

Personally I'd like to see us cut him and bring in a guy like Brady Quinn who has bounced around some but is still young and athletic enough to fill in for Jake for a couple games if needed.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We should be able to find somebody for near the vet minimum. Heck bring in Tebow and let him be the back up. I honestly would have no problem with it as long as he knew that it wasn't going to be a QB competition. He was the backup and would only play if Locker got hurt.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I like the idea of having a vet on the roster until Locker is more experienced or the team gives up on him. If we do cut Hass I am sure Tennessee would be an attractive backup job.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

10. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

1. Is Jake the Answer?
    This one really trumps every other question at every other position. They have no option but to ride this horse and after just 11 starts in two seasons, it is way too early to say either way.

Don't know how it's too early to tell whether Locker is our future or not. His performance in 2012 should close the book - Locker isn't the answer.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar