Position Primer 2013 - Running Back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

2. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Harper and Ringer both need to hit the road and the team needs to get serious about bringing in a good quality physical back to help compliment CJ in the running game.

A good physical back can wear down defenses and make things easier for CJ to slice through the opposition.

Pairing CJ with a physical back and splitting carries will help the running game and also prolong CJ's career.
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Said everyone 10+ times a season... But instead our FO just continues with the idiocy
  4. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Did you?
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Did I what? We have numerous threads focused on the off-season, what to do, running backs. Post in there instead of starting a new thread on the same discussion happening in 4000 other threads.
  6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We definitely need a power back that can get the short yardage and just pound the rock and eat up clock when we need to. I never have the confidence that we're going to convert on 3rd and 2 or goal line attempts like I used to in the past. Fixing the line will help that problem too but either way CJ is a feast and famine back and while he's shown he can still make the big play he'll near be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of back we need on this team to compliment his style of play.
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Eddy Lacy :brow: I will ask for this kid until the day after the draft if we get him or we don't

I would rather have a running back get 3-4 yards a carry consistently than a running back who hits 80 yards 3 times a year with multiple negative plays. Chris Johnson is going to ruin Jake Locker, a young QB best friend is a good o-line and a good run game.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Smash

Smash Soccer God

I think Harper was supposed to be the bruiser, he has the size for it. Too bad he's a dancer.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Completely agree.
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Harper was never the answer. He never has been and never will be a power back. The only similarity he has to one is his build.

Another stupid choice.......
    • High Five High Five x 3