Position Upgrade: Receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Wondering what some of your thoughts are about the receivers heading into the season. Mularky said they were a concern in the offseason, and we have some new editions. Thoughts?

I'll start it off by saying that I'm actually surprised. Knew Mathews was ok but didn't think he'd be as good as he's looked. Sharpe surprised everybody I think. Sharpe, Mathews, Wright could be a nice core.

If Wright can keep improving and they finally get him on crossing routes and quick outs due to the new additions, I think we could have just as good of a passing game as running game. All the receivers are talented by themselves. But within the offense, and used together, could cause a lot of problems for defenses when they're all healthy.

What do yall think. Upgrade? About the same? Downgrade?

Finally football season

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Sharpe didn't surprise EVERYBODY.

And yea that core doesn't merit any double team for any player but if they stay healthy the group might be able to get 20 td's.

3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I think its impossible to downgrade from last years WRs...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd say we made a huge upgrade, and barring Sharpe pulling a 70+ catch year, we are still lower tier.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We are better than last year....We don't need to be "stacked" at receiver...How many amazing WR's did Carolina have last year?...exactly. We need guys catching the damn ball and running clean routes. Get the lines solid, get a run game, and suddenly your wideouts look a lot better than they really are. I'm all for getting a true #1 next year (especially with Wright likely gone), but I think we are fine with Matthews, Walker, Sharpe, and Wright this year, so long as they stay healthy.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I know it was the 4th quarter, but McBride and Hunter caught everything thrown at them, Hunter having a really nice on the run catch downfield. Only whiffed on the two point conversion attempt that was a bit high. Even Ellis made some nice catches. Now, the real question is, can they get separation?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We upgraded from "worst" to "worst but improved"

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our WR group makes kids cry

9. Wraith

Wraith Starter

If it was the kids in the stands puling for our opponents I'd be happy with that, unfortunately I doubt that's what you're referring to.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think we're better then LA but thats about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar