Positives...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kenny Britt - Though he dropped the perfectly thrown bomb at the end, he once again proves to be our best WR. Of course, due to that- he rides the bench most the time.

Mark Mariani - Verner was right "He'll break one very soon". When is the last time we've had a decent kick returner? The drop at the end was a crazy kick and we were out-smarted on it... can't really blame him for that one. Yes, he should have brought it down, but it would have been amazing if he did.

Control+Alterraun+Delete Verner - We've always said we wanted 10 more Finnegans on the field, well we may have found at least one more. LOVE this guy. He plays with fire, emotion, and great instincts. He was reading plays like a vert out there and really stepped up against the best passing team in the league. Loved him making calls, firing up the crowd, and coming up to make stops. Any time his WR caught the ball- he was right on top of them.

Defensive Line - Going against a good offensive line that's allowed 5 sacks this year, our D-Line got 6. Great pressure for the most part, though they were getting winded toward the end. Being on the field the entire game does that to defenses.

Vince Young- Great game by a guy that I heavily criticize. He made very sharp throws and looked as poised as ever. Unfortunately, Jeff Fisher apparently didn't see this and tried to limit his chances to win a game for this team.

Michael Griffin - Still playing very well. Him coming on the blitz, and up through the line to chase down an RB looked very Troy Polamalu'esque.

Will Witherspoon - Great game. This guy came in under the radar and has played as good as anyone on this team.

Jason Babin- Another guy under the radar. He plays relentless and looks like a monster out there.

Javon Ringer - Had more yards than CJ on one carry. Why? Because he ATTACKS the hole. Sees a small gap and jets through. Same thing CJ would do last season but has apparently forgotten how. Every chance Javon gets he gets a nice run....
    so again, of course Fisher doesn't give him any chances.

Negatives :irked:

Chris Johnson - Dancing too much. Hit the hole hard like Ringer rather than waiting for something to open.

Offensive line - We need Mawae. Period.

Jeff Fisher - Handcuffing our offense. (and Heimerdinger calls HIS plays) Wont allow his playmakers to play, or allow them to do what they do best. Again tries to sit on a lead of less than a TD. Phil Fulmer was fired for coaching like Jeff Fisher... how long does it take for this guy to go?

• High Five High Five x 15
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You post a lot if stuff I don't agree with, but I heartily endorse this post. Good analysis.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the offensive line is a huge problem.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Seems to me that everything was right on in that post.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Can't disagree with any of that. I think our coach is pretty much the one thing holding our team back from being great.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Real good post, I agree with everything, other than needing Mawae, I don't think him missing is the whole problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

They may not miss the body but certainly his leadership. They DO NOT look like the elite unit that they are out there.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Erase all the mistakes and Fisher's game plan works. Problem is, he NEVER accounts for the inevitable mistakes the Titans will make.

9. amy

amy Starter

I understood that Dinger came back here because Shanahan would not allow him to call his own plays. I know I read that when he got rehired. Does anyone else remember this?

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree with this for the most part...and glad to see the change of heart on Ringer. He is a good #2.

I am still optimistic...the O Line needs to get it together, but we could still be very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar