Possible Coaches?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Nailed it

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Some good things...some bad things. You mention the good...but how did all that spirit and confidence do in our pre-season debut against the Jets? We got smacked around at all levels. Not good.

And most importantly, we'll see how strategically we do in facing our division this year and how we respond in winnable must win games...like the second Jags game where they were arguably the worst team in football and yet smacked us around and knocked US out of the playoffs.

We will have trouble getting into and doing anything in the playoffs if we can't beat our divisional opponents at a high rate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree....the most frustrating things about the team under Mularkey to me, are the team being unprepared to play; & comments before/after a bad game. "I had a bad feeling about it before the game" ....."I don't know why we played so bad"....before a big game: "I don't have to tell them how important this game is; they know it" .... After losing a big game: "I don't have to tell them it wasn't good enough, they know" it would be nice to just hear him say, Hey I did not have them ready to play. That's on me.....& they were not good enough & I WILL ADDRESS IT. THEY WILL KNOW WHERE THEY NEED TO GET BETTER. I get that he isn't going to call out certain players. However, for all the talk of accountability; when the team comes out looking like they haven't practiced (like the 2nd Jags game or Jets in PS) he should own it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

I hope this season is much different. We weren't good enough in the division. Those are the teams we know & should play well against. They are also the teams we should be most prepared for & excited to win.

We beat some really good teams last year. Now we need to win in the division. Mularkey said last year the Green Bay game was an important "statement" game coming into it. I really thought we should've been more concerned w/ making a statement against the Colts......We haven't beaten them in years & need to beat them to win the division IMO.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

I hope we see a much more prepared & focused team when we play AFC South teams this year. That's our path to the playoffs. All games are important; but we have to win in the division to have a real shot at the playoffs.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wait, we're talking about "spirit" and "confidence" in a preseason opener?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar