Possible FA Signing by the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

David Thornton, LB from the colts, will be in town either tonight or tomorrow meeting with reese and fish.

that would be a terrific signing and we wouldnt have to break the bank for him either...

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

He'll get big $$ or he'll go visit some other team...I was looking forward to this FA period, but it looks like we are going to pinch pennys and get a few role player type scrubs....big deal!

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Better to save the money if there is no one really worth spending it on.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who do you want?

who do you think will honestly come to us?

we won't sign the big name free agents, possibly one, if you thought we were going to splurge, just so we can be back in cap hell in a few years, you're sorely mistaken.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Spend the money while you still got it is what I say. Just make sure it's a smart buy (re: Will Witherspoon)

6. It's not as if the money just dissapears. The idea is to get the best value. It's generally better to get a good player at fair value than a great player overpriced.

7. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Why won't anyone come to us? Our money is green, just like everyone else's (not to mention there is no State Income Tax in TN, a big plus vs NY and MA for example)....I'd rather have two studs then four role players....we have 25 draft picks from the last two years that are all pretty much role players. On the other hand, we have no stars....maybe Bulluck and still McNair...maybe. How the heck can they expect to sell tickets, T-shirts, etc. and get the fans interested again after two crap years signing a few middle of the road free agents? They'll spin it into Thornton is the next Junior Seau or that the Patriots won the Super Bowl without any stars, or they've been burned before by the few big name free agents they've signed. I don't buy it. If we sign a couple of big names and raise expectations for next year...what happens if we fall flat on our face again....Fisher or Reese gets booted. It's in their (Reese's anyway) best interest to keep the expectations low so a 6-10 year looks like an improvement instead of another lost season.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree. Has nothing to do with players not wanting to come here. Big FAs (hell, middle of the pack FAs) sign to crappy teams all the time.

If it makes dollars, it makes sense for these guys...

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

I just hope we sign someone hopefully a LB or vet WR

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

See the New England Patriots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar