Possible felony charge is questioned

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sledge, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

"Las Vegas attorney Lisa Rasmussen can't recall ever seeing a felony coercion charge that wasn't the result of a plea bargain.

The president of the Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice — the statewide criminal defense bar — has no firsthand knowledge of the case against Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, but she said the coercion charge police are recommending against him is at least somewhat unconventional"

Link

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Sooooooooo... this is good news for us correct?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If true, lack of precedent can be easily defended. Has to be "beyond reasonable doubt", a good attorney can be persuasive if this is the first time.

I still think Pac is going to beat the Vegas criminal charges. I also think he is going to get stung pretty hard with a civil suit.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's actually a really interesting article, it sounds like they're trying to run him through the court of public opinion before it goes to the real courts, I'm actually cautiously optimistic about Pac getting away from this pretty clean after reading that.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I hope he gets off clean. We really need him if were going to make any run at the playoffs this year. I really like our secondary with him in the lineup.

Pac
    Harper
    Hope
    Lowry/Fuller

Thats nice

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im not a lawyer, so I am not going to try and question or argue with this lady. Coercion in this type of incident does seem strange to me. And honestly, I think this is a charge on nothing more than hoping he pleads it down by giving the name of the shooter. But, just my opinion.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, you could have passed that as a summary of the article.

Though since this has come out, I doubt Pacman pleads anything.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I said this when the charge came out (see post #167 from the "Pacman Facing Charges" thread. And maybe earlier in that thread, but I am not going to read the whole thing right now). Maybe the lady is a titans fan and is summarizing me, ha. It is pretty obvious IMO. Has anyone ever heard of coercion as a charge in a bar fight/shooting? But not pleading anything means you have a trial that could convict you of a felony, most likely leading to prison time. I am obviously not his council, so I dont know what he will do. But pleading down to a misdeamenor and nothing more than probation, seems like a reasonable route to go before risking possible prison time. And just because it seems odd, doesnt mean it doesnt have legs. I wasnt there and I am not a lawyer, so I dont know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar