Possible TE's for the Titans in free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

But guys we have the tight end of the future on our roster, the amazing Taylor Thompson! He's the next Gronkowski you know.

:sarcasm:

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Jared Cook damnit!

I guess Bennett, Keller or Myers would do. Fred Davis could be a low risk, high reward.

Dante Rosario is a free agent, I'm pretty sure the guy caught 3 TDs against us this season, sign him!!!!

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Guys, Cook is gone. I dont think he'd resign here for the moon. He has wanted out of Tennessee since last year.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bennett would be my choice as well. Not sure why the Giants wouldn't want to bring him back though.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable paying him than Cook anyways.

But there's always the draft... and I'm sure there are plenty of good ones in the 2nd round and beyond. I would hate to use a pick earlier than the 3rd round compensation pick on a TE though.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would be fine with Myers. Should be a reasonable price as well.
    He is a tough guy and we need more of that on this team.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Am I the only one who is REALLY intrigued by Taylor Thompson's starting TE potential with Jared Cook gone? #Titans -- Shane P. Hallam (@ShanePHallam)

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Taylor Thompson is still learning the TE position, you can't be very effective when youre always thinking of what do I do next, you have to feel it and let the game come to you.

Anyone expecting much from Thompson this year will surely be sad by seasons end. This guy is a project, meaning 2-3 years from doing anything.

Maybe in 2014 if we're lucky this guy will catch on, but not yet, it's too soon.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bennett is a more experienced Jared Cook.

For people knocking Cook, you wont like Bennett much more. He's hot and cold, and a bit immature.

I like him, but I also like Cook, so the shoe fits. I don't get the Bennett love but Cook hate I'm seeing a little of.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree completely, just throwing it out there :)

BTW - that tweeter is the guy who runs draftcountdown.com

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No one knows how long Thompson's development will take. We're all just guessing, which is pointless. Saying he's 2-3 years away means absolutely nothing. For all we know, he'll take a giant leap this offseason. Or maybe he'll never improve at all.

And Shane P. Hallam doesn't run draftcountdown.com -- that's Scott Wright. He works with him on the site, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar