Post Combine: Which QB do you want the Titans to take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 27, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Cam Newton

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jake Locker

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Ryan Mallett

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Christian Ponder

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Colin Kaepernick

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Andy Dalton

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Ricky Stanzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Well, I guess we will see who is right after the draft. Sorry if I offended you by voicing my opinion. But, on the other hand, this is a free country so I'll say what I want. Live with it.:D

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You'll learn forum etiquette as you go on. I can't hate you for being misinformed.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

You know, just disregard that. I'm 90% sure I heard it from Adam Sheftner when he was giving a rundown of the QBs at the combine. But he might have just said scouts in general.

I'm not saying he wasn't the leader of the team, (though you could make an argument that Wycheck was the leader of that offense) I'm saying that he wasn't Peyton Manning esque. IMO, I think that is the type of guy you are getting with Locker.

Exept Manning can't run a 4.3 :kiss:

But, of course, no offense to #9

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

locker didn't run a 4.3
    Nobody ran better than a 4.34 at the combine this year, personally straight line speed means nothing at the qb position. manning is slow but good in the \pocket, ruthlessraper is \slow but strong. I like mallet ALOT. his skills are best in th draft IMO

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This is what I have been saying. Even if Locker is your 15th rated guy on the board the facts are if you pass him at #8 you will end up with one of the second tier guys. Is it really worth it? IMO if a QB is worthy of a 1st round pick and the Titans really like the guy they have to consider pulling the trigger. Even a trade down risks missing the guy you want.

Take Aaron Rogers for example. Now part of the reason he fell so far was because not many teams needed a QB that year but if a team needed one would he not justify a much higher pick than where he went? If you like the guy pull the trigger. If you don't then wait.

I also agree that for some reason I see posts where there is an assumption other teams are clueless and will pass on a guy like Ponder while we can get him in the 3rd. As if they don't have just as good of scouts as we have.

With all that said we not only have a bunch of teams looking for a QB in the 1st but a couple in front of us in the 2nd who would take a guy ahead of us if they don't get their guy in the 1st. So waiting until the 2nd round simply means all the decent QBs could be gone by our 2nd round pick.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I know we need a QB, and empathise with the views that we need to take one at #8.

However, as I have been saying for months now, IMO none of the QBs out there are worthy of a high first round pick. If we reach for one (Mallet, Newton, even Ponder) at #8 I will root for him to succeed, but I am afraid that we will set back the franchise another 5 years.

Better to draft best available player at #8 (hopefully defense), pick up a QB in round 2-3 (project), pick up a serviceable FA when we can start making moves, and live with a less than great situation at QB until we can make a better move. While that is not a short term enthusiasm boost, I really think that it is the better long term move for the franchise.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still don't think 5 QBs will be taken in Round 1. Call me crazy.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I only think 2 are going.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see Newton and Gabbert in the Top 12 going.
    Locker maybe to the Seahawks 1nd round.

So 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar