Post Combine: Which QB do you want the Titans to take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 27, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Cam Newton

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jake Locker

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Ryan Mallett

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Christian Ponder

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Colin Kaepernick

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Andy Dalton

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Ricky Stanzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Maybe, but Clayton is speculating just like we are. If I had to guess, 2 QBs in the first, 3 in the second. After Gabbert and Newton, no other QB is worth taking in the top half of the first. Locker could go to Seattle, but if I know Pete, he'll want someone accurate for that WCO. Mallett's cocaine story has been overplayed, and Ponder is coming off that elbow injury.

Often times, those kinds of players make the best QBs. He was being projected to go in the first round before his shoulder injury.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If that is the case, we need to pick him up in the 3rd or later, and pick another QB early.

If there is a QB the team is sold on, they need to take him at 8, or find a trade partner, and draft him a few spots later. There is no waiting around and seeing who is left to build your franchise around. Either you gamble with the #8 pick, or you gamble with your chances of getting a top QB at all by waiting it out.

That is, unless they go with the thought that they get 2 QBs in later rounds, and hope one sticks.

I personally don't care who we draft. I won't be angry with any one of these players, as long as they did their due diligence in scouting them.

If you were to ask me the ideal scenario: Locker or Gabbert in the first and Dalton later on (3rd rd. or later)

I don't think Rusty earned a unquestioned #2 spot from his performance last year. (As much as I'd like to buy a Smith jersey)

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think Locker will be the pick, though I think Ponder will be better.

4. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Yea I too have seen nothing from him that screams to me "franchise QB"..

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You're right, he could be speculating, but I think Seattle is who Clayton had in mind for Ponder. He is perfect for the WCO. Locker is likely going top 15 now, Titans, Washington (rumored Shannahan loves him), Minnesota and Miami could all take him. After missing on Matt Ryan, I seriously doubt Miami would pass on Gabbert, Newton or Locker if they fell to them.
    Trust me, I would love nothing more then to be able to draft a defensive player at 8 and get Ponder in round 2, I just don't see it happening anymore with all the teams that need QBs.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Two of those mocks had Gabbert going in the first round before the 2010-2011 college season, so to everyone saying that guy came out of no where...

:moon2:

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It has been Locker all along for me and it certainly won't be changing based on how he looked today (I thought he looked very good). I still don't feel very confident that he will be a great pro quarterback (the accuracy scares me a lot), but I think he has the best chance to be great.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Locker for me, his problems can be fixed and just looks like our franchise QB.

I would love to trade down and get an extra pick, but if we have to take him at 8 we should do it.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If Locker's problems can be so easily fixed, why haven't they been fixed in 4.5 high profile years?

If the team MUST pick a QB at 8, I still want Gabbert, but will support whoever is taken.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar