Post Combine: Which QB do you want the Titans to take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 27, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Cam Newton

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jake Locker

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. Ryan Mallett

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Christian Ponder

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Colin Kaepernick

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Andy Dalton

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Ricky Stanzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

College completion % #s and passer rating have no bearing on NFL play either. The throws Cam was making were mostly to wide open WRs, he was rarely asked to fit it into tight coverage. Now, will he be able to do that once he ha the proper mechanics (he seems to have the same problem as Locker, over striding), I think he can. The key will be his work ethic, if it is as good as Moon described then he can be as good as he wants to be. All of the top 5-6 QBs in this draft can make the throws, the key to how good they will be is their work ethic.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Only works if we somehow mystically know no one will jump up before the 14th pick.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In theory we could trade back just in front of Seattle (unless they move up) and have our pick between Locker, Kaepernick and Ponder. In that scenario I'd take Kaerpernick. I don't like Locker's accuracy and he reminds me of Boller. Ponder is a little too noodle armed. Everyone talks about his performance in the senior bowl but his longest pass was a drastically under thrown ball to Hankerson. He also has similarities to Pennington not just with his arm but if he can stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

good point. :suspect:

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I would not be shocked at all to see Washington take Locker at 10. Rumors out of last years draft were that Shannahan fell in love with Locker.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

If we pass on a QB at #8, and trade back into round 1, I would think it would be for Ponder or Locker. Kaepernick would be there in round 2. I think it's safe to say that if we pass on a QB, and don't trade up, we'll be looking at Kaepernick, Dalton, or Stanzi as our next QB.

7. TNforever

TNforever Practice Squad

If we are stuck with Kaepernick, Dalton, and Stanzi. Then we shouldn't stretch for it. With such a low draft pick, we should pick best available defensive player. Considering how much buzz there is behind these QBs, I don't think we should use our first rounder on one of them (as much as I want to get our franchise QB). Christain Ponder will not go late first round. All of the later picks all ready have a good enough QB and thats why they are back there in the first place. I think we could draft Ponder 2nd if we don't reach or trade down for a QB in the first.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Seattle is the one Id be worried about with Ponder. That or someone from round 2 trading ahead of us to get him if the other 4 are already off the board.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We can't sit back and see who falls to us. We have to aggressively get our guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Kaepernick is predicted to be in the second round window after the combine
    draft needs to hurry up and get here... I'm sick of predicting who's QB and watching these "we need a WR" posts come up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar