Post-Preseason Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

how do I prove I personally know what learning a playbook is like?

what shuts up gunny..

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Relate it to real life.

When, what, how, why have you ever read an NFL playbook, on an ipad and used it in a real life situation like an actual NFL player?

It's not that hard to back up something you've done in life.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Building the pyramids was easy

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No one owns Al Gore.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll take your word for it and won't ask for any proof of how it was easy, how you did it or even when you were in Egypt.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

I'm hoping Casey doesn't let up just because he got paid. That has happened with 2 players so far that had potential to be one of the best at their position in this era. CJ and Albert.

Although both had a rock for a brain.

7. JCBRAVE

ok

Reason for reading a NFL playbook:
    First of all lets be sure you know what an NFL playbook even is, an NFL playbook is only an NFL playbook because its a collection of plays 1 of 32 NFL teams implemented at some point/or use today. Football playbooks are the same from high school thru the pros (any football league not only NFL).

Take the 85 Bears, that team has been covered time and time again. Everything they did during their Super Bowl run has been picked to pieces by football coaches all around the globe, theres an abundance of info on that team. Anyone half interested in furthering their knowledge of football has broken down that team, me included. Google their plays, its out there. Thats the scheme we had when I was in high school.

Ok now lets move to me actually playing up til 2 years into college. Not everyone just does that. You have to display an understanding of football 101 to catch on after HS. Some guys get around on size and speed, but despite being able to squat 1000lbs as a senior, I was always undersized as a LB/DE. I was eventually passed over because of being a 200lb pass rusher after a couple of injuries. You going to tell David Wilson formally of the giants he doesn't know how to learn a playbook too?

I mean what else is there to say? You want to post a picture and me tell you whats going on...?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Like Hunter and both QBs they did well even if Jake goes down our season won't be over like it did last year with Mett as our backup..

What happen to Wright?? Did he even play??? And our defense just sucks top to bottom only klug kinda impress me.

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They both had questionable work ethic before their deal. Casey has always worked hard.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. JCBRAVE

Youre giving pro athletes way too much credit, learning a playbook off paper and a dry erase board is easy but does have its challenges. An Ipad with videos uploaded and tons of tutorials takes a lot of the challenge away.

What usually takes sometimes 4 days to fully grasp on paper can be quickly be figured out with the new ipads players have. Its really funny so many people here underestimate the convenience of ipad playbooks. Totally streamlines the installment process.

I wish I had this technology in my playing days, might have been able to play QB instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar