Pre-Game Thread Postgame: Titans vs Packers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scout 2

Pro Scout 2 Camp Fodder

Okay, four opportunities to make a "positive play." You can't honestly suggest the 13 yard catch at the end of the first half when Titans were playing soft zone, was a negative play? Maybe you are. The offensive pass interference call on a deep ball where he had good one on one coverage, is that not a positive play? I guess not. Decent play call on the 38 yard pass against the cover three look.The offense runs certain plays to attack a certain coverage. If Pellerin missed an assignment, nothing a little experience and film study can't fix. Didn't mention his play on special teams to suggest that was his only attribute, rather to show it didn't appear he had an opportunity to make a play on special teams and didn't. After Stafford missed a clean open field tackle and shedding his blocker, the kid stepped up to meet a 230 pound running back head on at the goal line line. You've played football, 230 lbs. going downhill vs. 192 lb., predictable result. Takeaway here is Pellerin stepped up and didn't made a "business decision" like a lot of corners in the league do. But you still see that as a negative play. Same facts just viewed through a different lens. I have watched the open practices, Jason McCourty aside, the kid's play day in and day out has "consistently" been better than most of the other CBs in camp. We will know Friday what the coaches though of his performance by the opportunity he has to make a positive play. I will be watching.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

When the best thing you can say about an NFL corner is he "demonstrated an ability to shed the double team and get down field in a hurry when playing gunner on punt team" doesn't that tell you all you need to know about the guy? From where I stand he had 4 opportunities to make a positive play and didn't make any of them, that's bad. He sure was consistent though, consistently bad. Maybe he'll redeem himself next game[/quote]

Okay, four opportunities to make a "positive play." You can't honestly suggest the 13 yard catch at the end of the first half when Titans were playing soft zone, was a negative play? Maybe you are. The offensive pass interference call on a deep ball where he had good one on one coverage, is that not a positive play? I guess not. Decent play call on the 38 yard pass against the cover three look.The offense runs certain plays to attack a certain coverage. If Pellerin missed an assignment, nothing a little experience and film study can't fix. Didn't mention his play on special teams to suggest that was his only attribute, rather to show it didn't appear he had an opportunity to make a play on special teams and didn't. After Stafford missed a clean open field tackle and shedding his blocker, the kid stepped up to meet a 230 pound running back head on at the goal line line. You've played football, 230 lbs. going downhill vs. 192 lb., predictable result. Takeaway here is Pellerin stepped up and didn't made a "business decision" like a lot of corners in the league do. But you still see that as a negative play. Same facts just viewed through a different lens. I have watched the open practices, Jason McCourty aside, the kid's play day in and day out has "consistently" been better than most of the other CBs in camp. We will know Friday what the coaches though of his performance by the opportunity he has to make a positive play. I will be watching.[/quote]

Should've read more carefully about the offensive pass interference, I do consider that a positive play. While I stand corrected on that I still think he had a really bad game.I understand that he wasn't going to KO a 230 lb back but his effort and desire to stop the TD was lacking in my eyes. To me he did make a "business decision". You're right that it's a matter of perception though, for his sake he should hope the staff sees things your way rather than mine.I'll be watching on Friday as well.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

It was just a question. You are so infatuated with CJ it would only be natural if you joined a Jets message board to spread the love.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No. I'm a Titans fan. I am only a member on one forum and that's how it's always gonna be.

5. JiminyBillyBob

Oh, I am sure you are:)
    Your signature phrase makes this very clear.:facepalm:

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

My signature is a prediction that I believe will happen.

7. JiminyBillyBob

:anon:

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Remember you owe me all of your moolah when your prediction doesnt come true

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Seems like a pretty terrible bet. 500 yards and 2 TDs shouldn't be very hard to beat. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we have 3 or 4 guys who finish with more TDs than ole blockhead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar