Power Rankings 9/25

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

RollTide

Calm down dude,

These power rankings are a joke, and not to be taken seriously. You totally ignored the point I was making. There is no love affair with the Tennesse Titans from the media. I have been a fan of this team since 1988 (Houston Oilers days...I know, that's another debate same team or not) and It's always been the same thing, the media will do a entire 1 1/2 hour show about a game the Titans are playing in, and the other team will get the majority of the airtime. Hell, when we went to the Super Bowl all we kept hearing was "greatest show on Turf this,...Kurt Warner Cinderella story that... and we were in the Big Dance too.

So, I hope what I was trying to say is clear to you now. As noted in my saying that no matter what our record is, the media will wonder and focus on what the other team is doing rather than report on us.

We are not flashy, we don't put up 100 pts a game or throw it down field 50 times a game, aside from Pac, we don't make many National Headlines.

Like I said, Big market, Small Market is irrelevant. We are not the most popular kids in the class. I personally like it that way, so we can sneak up on people. They might ignore us right into the Superbowl.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

market size is a factor in the press.

am i losing sleep over it? nope.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

VY is the most marketable player in our entire history. And he really did this on the laurels of one game. But in the end, He's going to bring us the spotlight that no other player ever could. He really will. And the best part is that even if he has no stats, nobody will care, he supercedes them in the eyes of the media. So he will never have a bad game lol.

This is the dawn of a new era for TN. Vince is about to put you on the map.

McNair - Had about a one year run where the media darlingered him over his tuffness. But never a star.

Moon - Never really got the spotlight in my opinion, but tv was different then, and guys like Montana and Marino ruled the league.

Campbell - Definately had the media gushing, but the oilers were still too small to make it count, and the media was too small at the time as well.

Vince - This is it boys. The peak of marketability for the franchise. It may even be the peak for the NFL. This is the player that may transcend the game like MJ and Lebron. Can you honestly name another player who can. Vince is it. LT is not a star. Chad Johnson is not that big. Peyton is still slighty below mega star. There is no one else. Reggie Bush is probably the only one who has more mass appeal potential and NO is not going to help his cause.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slamma has it!

Yes the marketability of the players and the team not the size of the city. And yes you have to win. The falcons were a media wasteland until vick arrived and indy a media wasteland before manning. Nobody paid a darn bit of attention to the san diego chargers until recent seasons either.

Talk to any chicago sports fan about chicago being high profile in the media and they will laugh at you. Chicago fans are always complaining about getting a raw deal from the new york media. Chicagoans see new york on one coast and LA on the other coast and feel isolated in the middle. To some extent they are right because walter payton was under the radar most of his career. The chicago bulls were a nonentity to the national media until micheal jordan.

Vince young makes us big market because he puts us on prime time. I bet ratings monday night in houston were 30% higher than normal for a game like that because of vince. Maybe 15% higher in texas in general. People want to see this guy play and if we win we will be high profile but that same media can also turn on us the way they did with vick.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ico, you are wrong..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar