Power rankings for Titans, Jags just a bit off

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    Call it a pet peeve: I can't stand when I see a power ranking type list that has Team A, which just lost to Team B, ranked one just slot ahead of Team B. If they are in the same neighborhood, they need to flip.
    In a big poll like ESPN.com's NFL's Power Rankings, though, there are a lot of ballots and invariably there will be some oddities like that. Even if everyone adjusted the Jaguars and Titans based on Sunday's result, it wasn't enough to prevent the sort of thing that makes me cringe.
    And so the Jaguars moved down five spots to 10th and the Titans moved up three spots to 11th.
    To abide by my own rule, I had Tennessee 10th on my ballot and Jacksonville 11th even if some might consider those moves a little dramatic.
    My AFC South entries:
    Team/This week/Last week
    Colts/5/3
    Titans/10/12
    Jaguars/11/8
    Texans/22/21
    For a very detailed breakdown of all the ballots, check out Mike Sando's entry.

More...

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Wow. That's stupid. We went backwards after winning a game and everyone else went forward after they lost!!!

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

:))

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

My bad. I read it backwards. Still, we should be ahead of the Jags.

5. guitarjunkie

Yep!

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we are..

7. guitarjunkie

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Everything will even out in a couple weeks. I mean christ, do you really think the falcons will be a contender after the first week? Gotta give it time for the league to play out.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

no, they ranked it correctly...we all saw the Jags' display more "power" last Sunday....

:sarcasm:

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You know why the power rankings change every week? Because they never get it right...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar