Praying for a Patriots victory

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

All good homie. Tebow is by far the most split character in football. So it's normal for people to get heated in this conversation. It would seem to me that a good deal of it has to do with the religious views that rub some people off and some people wrong. Oh well I'm talking solely on his skills as a qb. And therefore I view him unfit and rather funny to see him getting so much coverage that he is "the messiah"

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Religion is obviously the biggest factor when it come to Tebow.. whether people admit it or not. So it always makes both sides of the discussion a lot more heated.

I saw nothing special about him and I havent seen anything special about him.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Yea I have to co-sign this thread...I HATE the pats..but I have to admit even I was rooting for them so I would have a chance to watch sportscenter again to maybe catch some highlights of other things going on in the world of sports OTHER than tebow. First take used to be one of my fav shows to watch in the mornings when im off from work..and out of the 12 things they may debate..10 of them were about tebow ! it became unwatchable !

Its got to the point where, because of his strong Christian beliefs, and him having such a clean cut image, nobody wants to criticize the guy even if its solely about his ability as a NFL QB. If this was anybody else...they would be picking him apart !

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Im guessing you dont watch ESPN enough. All Tebow got at first was criticism. It was the past 3 weeks or so, after several 4th quarter comebacks, that people stopped ragging him and started supporting him.

Or maybe I dont watch ESPN enough, thats what i remember.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I think you may have missed the point. According to Tebow TV, there is no Broncos, only Tebow. Therefore, if they lost, it WAS Tebow.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not a religion issue.

No one has it out for Albert Pujols for crossing his chest every at-bat.

No one cares that RG3 prays every 5 steps he takes.

No one cared when Deion became a preacher.

People hate Tebow for one reason:

He sucks, yet ESPN wont stop talking about him.

That's it.

It's that simple.

I don't even think he's truly religious anyway. Just a cover-up for his sexuality.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

LOL :eek:

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What bugs me is that Tebow gets praise for winning games in the 4th quarter, that should have been won a lot earlier than that. Apart from Oakland and Minnesota, Tebow has not won a game where the opponent scored more than 2 TDs, and in those two games their ground game produced more than 125 yards per game (WITHOUT Tebow's yards).

9. Coov

Coov Starter

Like I said in the other thread, hating Tebow because of the coverage the media gives him is idiotic. Hate what the media is doing rather than the guy who just happens to be in the spotlight for this 5 minutes. He seems to be criticized more than getting praised anyway. Hell, you guys can't shut up about him either.

IMO he is just being set up for failure anyway. Everyone knows this won't end well unless the Broncos win the Super Bowl with him. Then everyone will still have Tebow to talk about. ESPN is just feeding it because it is a win/win for them. This thread just adds to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar