PRE-DRAFT PRESS CONFERENCE - GM Ruston Webster and Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LTF, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Aaron Curry

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Ok you said Aaron Carr

3. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Yeah, my break was almost over and I rushed my post on my phone

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Not a coincidence that Webster says only 16 1st rnders when the 3 top teams mentioned as trade partners sit at 17, 19, and 20.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I personally didn't get much out of this press conference. Just a lot of the usual stuff you hear from every team. A couple of guys trying not to slip up and give a hint of which direction they are going.

BTW, they never said Winston or Mariota were franchise QBs! What was said is if you think a franchise QB is sitting there and you're picking, you take them over anyone else. Also, that they liked both Winston and Mariota.

Not like they were going to say, hell no you can pass on a QB and draft a OT if that's what you want to do. Or they were going to publicly say they didn't like one or the other QB. Just usual generic talk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yup. hes letting em know he wants more.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't understand what you guys are thinking....what do you mean 50/50? No player is 50/50. You grade the players and stack the board. There will be some players with same or close grades by those will be stacked by different tie breakers and positional importance.

So there is no possibility the Titans are 50/50 on Mariota. He's either a top 5 player and graded that way or he's not. If he's not, they may be trying to sell a trade back but ultimately if no good or close trades come in, they will take the highest player on their board at a position of need (unless one guy is much higher than the others) if there is no 'franchise' qb.

So IF they like Mariota, they will take him unless someone offers a blockbuster trade.

One OTHER way to look at Webster's comment about it not mattering what TB does could mean we are NOT taking a QB and don't like either guy as a top player OR they think SO HIGHLY of Mett that they DONT go QB because they dont need one (in their eyes).

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So let's say we looked at Mariota and Winston, you will never be able to draft one of them as neither is getting out of round 1.

Just to clarify, what are your issues with both QB's?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You had a 5th rnd grade on Sanchez? Why?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The draft board is what determines who we take. Webster has determined a trade deal off of points he'll find acceptable. All these statements offer NO indications of our board. The hard decision making has already been done. Exceptions are when issues surface to change a grade (eg- Shane Ray).

I'm looking forward to this draft. My interest and confidence in the team Webster has managed is near zero. I hope that changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar