Pre-Draft Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

People also knock him because he has "average" arm strength, but on his deep throws he puts the ball literally where no one but his receiver can get it. To me that more than makes up for not having a pure cannon.

He's my favorite QB prospect in this class and I would lose my **** if he fell to the fourth and we picked him up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Thats my thinking as well.

Deep balls are the product of timing and accuracy, not arm strength.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"McCarron > Murray because he's three inches taller."

- Roll Tide

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You are right in that low arm strength QBs are not necessarily prohibited from throwing deep passes.

Lower the arm strength longer it takes to get to the receiver. Not only the velocity of the ball but the lower the arm strength the higher trajectory the ball has to travel which also increases the amount of time the ball is in the air. The longer the ball is in the air the more time defenders have to react. Which is what makes arm strength important. Not the deep ball.

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

We aint getting him without a 3rd rounder, he's(Murray) my fave as well. Kid's got character. It factor.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

right, I understand that, but that is never anyones actual argument. Murray can throw a laser, not worried about it.

7. The Hammer

People do not have a good understanding of football if they are arguing arm strength is about making the deep throw. That being said the longer the throw (Not just in terms of accrued yardage but in terms of actual distance from the QB) the more exasperated the issue with weak armed QBs becomes. Which is why successful NFL QBs with weak arms -- Jake Plummer, Matt Hasselbeck, Philip Rivers, etc. -- have done best in offenses which focus on a lot of shot passes and keep a lot to the middle third of the field.

8. The Hammer

Looking at arm strength with a QB comparable to looking at speed with a WR. There is a certain minimum you need to be successful in the NFL. And more is always a good thing. But can still be successful with less than average.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would love either McCarron or Murray. Heck, I still Metz will end up being good after some additional time to get that leg fully healed. Will be interested in the reports after the Titans meet with them.

10. The Hammer

Just saw on the espn app that an unnamed nfc personnel exec called Clowney spoiled and lazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar