Pre-game warning, not for the weak-of-heart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

For those who have not been following the weather forecast for Sundays game, be warned, it won't be pretty. The weather forecasted for tomorrow is more suited for a Green Bay frozen tondra game or Pittsburgh or Detroit. We here in the beautiful south do not view football sundays the same way they do up north, they look forward to games like this. I sit in the Club Section and I know for sure there will not be any seats left empty, inside that is! Let it be known that I WILL BE outside.
    The high will be 39 degrees and for those who follow me into the parking lot at 8:30 in the a.m., it will be about 20 degrees with possible snow.
    With this weather forecast and the intense level of this game, refered to as the Bush Bowl, the Toilet Bowl, the Long Johns Game, I have a feeling that non ticket holders have their chance to see this game for FREE. Whoever would have thought of that 4 years ago!
    Don't forget that ever important pre-game flu shot, my brother BiPolar hears me!
    <marquee><font size ="+2"><font color=red>Don't forget to bring Toys for the Marines. </marquee></font></font>
    ________
    Bmw X6 M History

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It won't be as bad as a couple of night games I recall -- against the Cowboys (Christmas night 3-4 years ago?) and last year's game against the Broncos. We upgraded to club seats for this game to be closer to the field, but I'll be outside with you. Just dress in layers, and notice our O-line out there observing the Bruce rule -- bare arms. Pity the poor Texans who are used to a nice, temperature-controlled dome!

3. Cronus

Cronus I once ruled the universe

Ok Im wimpy, but these are the games I wish we had a dome LOL... I dont mind getting hot at all, but cold ack! They better win!! :grrr: hehe

4. danny

danny Guest

You sissies, we got over a foot of snow yesterday in Sussex County and it hasn't gotten out of the mid 20's.

5. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

These aren't the hardiest of fans here I agree, but cold is still cold. It's about 18 degrees right now, which is about the time the tailgaters I know are loading their cars getting ready to head up to the game. I was raised in New England, and I can feel it this morning. If it's the same tomorrow...

I hope the place won't be empty tomorrow, but...I think a lot of people are going to choose to stay home and watch on T.V. Like, a LOT of people.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I admire your hardcore attitude old man. I will be there most definately. It will be cold as balls, that is for sure. I'm glad another poster aside from myself has cared to point that out. I'm gonna meet up with GoT out there somewhere. I ought to come and find you just so I can show you how well a double bagged Kroger sack makes a disposable beer cooler. Just add ice. Send me a message with specifics to know how to find you and how to recognize you when I do.

Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if they do let the passerbys and bums in. At the SanFrancisco game the weather was downright delightful...well, a little breezy...there was nobody there and they were only calling for a chance of scattered showers...I don't know how many thousand actual attendence this (3-9) team can draw on a day that cold even if they are calling for a 50% chance of victory...coincidently enough old man, it's so funny that you mention it, but we had flu shots at work thursday afternoon. That's so crazy.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

One of these days I will go to a Titans game and tailgate and meet up with with the Titan faithful, watchin the game with the parents aint much fun because I have to do play by play

8. Well, I don't tailgate so I won't get the early morning freeze. But I'll definitely be sitting outside in the club section seats no matter what the temperature ends up. I've sat out there through worse weather before.

For what it's worth, my father is a fair weather fan in the most literal sense, so he's staying home. He often passes on the late season games, even when the Titans are contending.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

man i just got down here from norfolk, va...what a drive of 11 hours lol but it was my 2nd time driving this trip so i didnt mind...

but what section is everyone sitting in tomorrow?!

i think im sitting in 335 right on the 50 if i remember right...should be some alright seats i suppose...

if they stadium is half way empty, do people move down to the lower sections or are they not allowed to by the ushers or whatever???

see you guys and girls @ the game!

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats Jersey for ya
    you are more acclamated for that kinda weather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar