Predators to be bought by local group ?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Thanks for the link. Man I hope this deal goes through.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

they can go or stay I don't care. I have been to 4 games since they came here. Twice to see the Maple Leafs (daughter has an old Potvin jersey) and to see the Blackhawks.

I think minor league hockey is way more entertaining (esp money wise) than the NHL is

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

are you a Nashvillian ?

if so, why would you want your city to be known as a city that lost a professional sports franchise ?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Even if you don't like the preds, they're good for the city, especially businesses downtown.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We could join a list that includes,

New York
    Los Angeles
    St. Louis
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Baltimore
    New Orleans
    Houston
    Milwaukee
    Minneapolis
    Washington DC
    and others...

It wouldn't be the end of the world.

They do raise some charity money for the community, which is a good thing.

They do help Wolfies and some Lower Broad business'. I'm tired of hearing about what fans here have to do to keep the team. Let the downtown business', that benefit from the Preds, chip in to buy tickets. If they don't, then let them go. The hockey fans here have done their share. Everyone knew going in that there was not a hotbed of hockey fans here. I think everything considered, it's damn good that they can sell 13-14,000 season tickets. If the business people that benefit from them don't want to pony up, then they should go.
    Nashville was doing OK before the Preds, they'll survive without them.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just so everyones updated .....
    both the "local group" and Leipold both signed letters of intent today at the Arena and $10million changed hands

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I get your point but the majority of those citys are LARGE w/ LARGE TV markets and the draw to lure sports back to their markets

rumblings throughout the media (both local and nationally) is that if Nashville were to lose the Predators it might be a LONG time before we see another professional team here

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ besides the Titans of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar