Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

10-6....might change it after the draft though (doubt it)

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

11-5 and yet again winner of AFC South

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

13-3.
    losing to the colts once in indi, losing in overtime to the pats, losing to the chargers.

i think we can hand alot of teams some loses. all in all, it will be a great year!

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not going to make a game by game prediction yet, but I'm saying 11-5, based on that schedule. Starts out tough, and eases up over the stretch. The Chargers game is a good one to keep us on top of our game before the playoffs.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I think 12-4 is likely, with a chance for a 13-3 record depending on who else the team signs or drafts. I think this year's Titans are as good in most areas, will be better in a few areas: Running game and receiving, and a little worse in one area - DT. CJ has one year under his belt and I think he is set to improve upon what he did last year. Lendale will be better all around due to this being a contract year. Washington is an upgrade for the receiving core, and I think the Titans will either sign another WR or they will draft someone with talent in the first couple of rounds - at least I hope they will.

This team is ready to make a run. They believe it's Super Bowl or bust. It's been a long time since the team had that high of expectations.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I love the positive attitudes this year in comparison with last year. Seems like last year most had us going .500. As it stands right now I see a 11-5 year. Hopefully that is enough. My biggest fear is that Kerry falls way off which could hinder us big time.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

(1-0) 1 Thu, Sept. 10 at Pittsburgh Steelers NBC 8:30 p.m. Win Titans 31-Steelers 19
    Pittsburgh is tough at home. The Steelers should be able to make some plays down the field against the Titans secondary. Ben Roethlisberger to Santonio Holmes is the ticket, but the Titans roll in the 3rd quarter. Lendale White moves the Titans in the fourth quarter, and the Terrible towel gets a good stompin.

(2-0) 2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m. Win Titans 21 Texans 17The Titans do what they want on offense. The big thing is how well the offensive line plays. They keeo Collins pretty clean. The defense dominates until giving up junk points in the fourth quarter. They physically beat up the Texans. Chris Johnson shows explosive speed.

(3-0) 3 Sun, Sept. 27 at New York Jets CBS 4:15 p.m. Win Titans 23 Jets 7
    The Jets are all but eliminated from the playoffs by now. Their only job now is to play the role of spoiler the rest of the season.

(4-0) 4 Sun, Oct. 4 at Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. Win Titans 27 Jaguars 17This has the look of a 20-17 game. So why do I get the feeling it's going to be high scoring? The Jaguars love to run the ball, but doing so into a line with Jones is tough to do. They will open things up and the Titans will try to do the same. David Garrard shakes off a so-so season. This might be a fun one.

(5-0) 5 Sun, Oct. 11 vs. Indianapolis Colts NBC 8:20 p.m. Win Titans 31 Colts 14The defense was dominant. They choke off the Colts vaunted passing game and harass Peyton all day long. He is sacked seven times, but hit many more times. Rookie Chris Johnson shows off before leaving with an injury.The defense does a nice job slowing the Colts' offense.

(6-0) 6 Sun, Oct. 18 at New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m. Win Titans 22 Patriots 21
    The Patriots find themselves a 17-point favorite at home after blowing every team out of the water on their way to an undefeated record thus far. Tom Brady against Kerry Collins is not fair. But they lose here. Chris Johnson will have a big game.
    7 Bye

(7-0) 8 Sun, Nov. 1 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 4:05 p.m. Win Titans 28 Jaguars 14The Jaguars have been playing great after getting an injured David Garrard back at quarterback. Now they face a Titans’ team that has yet to lose at home. The Titans keep it that way.

(8-0) 9 Sun, Nov. 8 at San Francisco 49ers CBS 4:15 p.m. Win Titans 43 San Francisco 3Tennessee travels out to the West Coast to take on the lowly 49ers . The oddsmakers are anticipating a blowout. It comes to fruition.

(9-0) 10 Sun, Nov. 15 vs. Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. Win Titans 17 Buffalo 10This game has huge playoff implications on the line. The Titans offense isn't good. The play calling isn't very good; the running game is bad and the offensive line is whipped. The defense was the better of the two units today and they get the win. Credit the defense and special teams here. Roscoe Parrish's punt return for a score is the big play for Buffalo.

(10-0) 11 Mon, Nov. 23 at Houston Texans ESPN 8:30 p.m. Win Titans 35 Texans 13
    The Texans squad will have a new starting QB for this game and it could make all the difference for the Titans.

(11-0) 12 Sun, Nov. 29 vs. Arizona Cardinals FOX 1 p.m. Win Titans 19 Cardinals 16
    Arizona could easily have a winning record right now but a few breaks have not gone their way. It isn't flashy on offense, but the Titans control the football and win a close one.

(11-1) 13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Indianapolis Colts CBS 1 p.m. Loss Indianapolis 27 Titans 10
    The big thing in this one will be Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. He missed some games while recovering from an infected bursa sac in his left knee, again, woo hoo. Will it matter here? No. He has carved up the Titans in his career, and does it again.

(12-1) 14 Sun, Dec. 13 vs. St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m. Win Titans 21 Rams 20
    The Rams have now dropped a handful of games in a row and their season is basically over. Which team can get back into the win column .The Titans make it look easy, blitzing an overmatched St. Louis line and causing turnovers.

(13-1) 15 Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m. Win Titans 23 Dolphins 10
    Is this the game where the Dolphins snap their 10-game losing streak? Nope. Dolphins take it hard on a steamy day, their physical style losing out in the fourth quarter.

(13-2) 16 Fri, Dec. 25 vs. San Diego Chargers NFLN 7:30 p.m. Loss San Diego 31 Titans 9
    This game hasn’t been talked about but it really may mean more than any other NFL game. The Chargers are on the outside looking in with the playoff race in their balance. A shootout clearly favors the Chargers where a low scoring game favors the Titans. The pass defense is nonexistent. What a horrible showing. Give credit to Philip Rivers for coming alive in the fourth quarter with two touchdown passes.

(14-2) 17 Sun, Jan. 3 at Seattle Seahawks CBS 4:15 p.m. Win Titans 28 Seattle 27Kerry Collins has a big day, even if one of his interceptions was returned for a touchdown. Those trips West are tough. But there has to be concern with Matt Hasselbeck and his back. He looks out of synch. This is a big statement game for the Titans. Going across country and winning against a really good team is impressive.

8. Gridnitz

Gridnitz Camp Fodder

1 Thu, Sept. 10 at Pittsburgh Steelers NBC 8:30 p.m. Loss (opening thurs road teams winless)
    2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m. Win (10 days prep)
    3 Sun, Sept. 27 at New York Jets CBS 4:15 p.m. Win (We will rout them.)
    4 Sun, Oct. 4 at Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. Win (close one)
    5 Sun, Oct. 11 vs. Indianapolis Colts NBC 8:20 p.m. Win (code blue II?)
    6 Sun, Oct. 18 at New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m. Loss (afc championship preview)
    7 Bye
    8 Sun, Nov. 1 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 4:05 p.m. Win (both teams coming off of bye)
    9 Sun, Nov. 8 at San Francisco 49ers CBS 4:15 p.m. Win (harder game than you'd think)
    10 Sun, Nov. 15 vs. Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. Loss (titans are better, but I don't see 8-0 at home)
    11 Mon, Nov. 23 at Houston Texans ESPN 8:30 p.m. Win (I'll be there!! Texans coming off of bye, but Titans get an extra day of prep, too)
    12 Sun, Nov. 29 vs. Arizona Cardinals FOX 1 p.m. Win (beatdown)
    13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Indianapolis Colts CBS 1 p.m. Loss (close one)
    14 Sun, Dec. 13 vs. St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m. Win (Titans by 30+)
    15 Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m. Win (Titans win big)
    16 Fri, Dec. 25 vs. San Diego Chargers NFLN 7:30 p.m. Win (Another blowout)
    17 Sun, Jan. 3 at Seattle Seahawks CBS 4:15 p.m. Win (for home-field, and Seahawks have nothing to play for)

AFC Divisional - Revenge against the Ravens
    AFC Championship - Titans over Patriots
    Super Bowl - Titans over Panthers or Giants

Also, I wonder if the league is thinking of moving the NYJ-OAK game to Week 9, and the TEN-NYJ game to Week 7? Then the Titans would have their bye Week 3. Apparently the Jets are pissed that a home game was scheduled during Yom Kippur.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

12-4.

I expect us to drop a game to both the Colts and the Texans.

Steelers,Bills,Pats and Card should be tough games.49ers,Dolphins and Chargers might be tough.

10. Blaize

Blaize Camp Fodder

@ Pittsburgh Steelers NBC 8:30 p.m. Win
    VS Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m. Loss
    @ at New York Jets CBS 4:15 p.m. Win
    @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. Win
    VS Indianapolis Colts NBC 8:20 p.m. Loss
    @ New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m. Loss
    7 Bye
    VS Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 4:05 p.m. Win
    @ San Francisco 49ers CBS 4:15 p.m. Win
    VS Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. Win
    @ Houston Texans ESPN 8:30 p.m. Win
    VS Arizona Cardinals FOX 1 p.m. Win
    @ Indianapolis Colts CBS 1 p.m. Win
    VS St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m. Win
    VS Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m. Win
    VS San Diego Chargers NFLN 7:30 p.m. Win
    @ Seattle Seahawks CBS 4:15 p.m. Loss

12-4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar