Predictions: Studs and Duds of 2008

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

It might not be saying much but our third WR is better than the Titans #1 and our #1 TE is better than any the Titans have.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

No I would take Gage over Walters or whoever. And I would take Crumpler over Daniels for this year (he has more potential than Sciafe though. We don't know about Stevens yet).

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Agree on both guys... of course success being relative. NO MVP's here but solid seasons from both. It's funny though in both cases it's easy to picture a scenario where things go the opposite way. Perhaps that could be said about almost anyone though.

I'm lost on Garrard... Can't believe how well he performed last year. Hopefully it was a case of the stars being aligned and he comes crashing back down to reality this year.

If I were forced to bet... I'd also bet on Anderson struggling

Damn I hope so... I need him to shine for my fantasy team. :geek:

It's funny even though I picked him as a stud, I dont think we differ that much on Johnson.... just one year. I just think LJ has one last big season in him... maybe not YPC wise, but I think he'll pound that rock and see the endzone plenty. But I agree that the tank is almost empty for LJ

Nice left field pick!

I think the Rams will suck... I hadn't thought of Holt doing poorly as a result, but it only makes sense.

Agreed.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Eli: I've been having the exact same notion

Warner: I've always disliked the guy... but my distaste for Matt Hollywood has trumped my dislike for Kurt. I hope you're right on this one.

CJ: sounds good to me... geez is it time for kickoff yet... I be ready for some Titans football!

Meacham: a lot of people are really high on this guy... I'm still in the "show me" mode.

Keller: I love this guy.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'll bump this thread in February and try to spin that despite an MVP season, Brady's performance was still a dud because he didn't throw 50 TD's :))

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

No-one who passed for over 40 TDs in a season has passed for over 30 the following year.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Now onto my duds...

QB:
    Peyton Manning...For the Peyton Manning, it will be a down year. But for everyone else it will still be a career year.
    O'Sullivan...Yes, Martz makes pro bowlers, but I just don't see it with this guy.
    McNabb...He's a time-bomb just waiting to implode, and I think this is the year.
    Rivers...He's too inconsistent. Has tons of talent around him, but doesn't know how to use it.
    Garcia...The train has to stop somewhere. This is the year that he stays nicked up most of the season.

RB:
    McGahee...Has "bum" written all over him. Isn't in shape, doesn't know the playbook, and has Ray Ray ready to take his job at any moment.
    Maroney...Never has been a stud, and will continue to not be one.
    Grant...Don't like him this year. Big money - Brett Favre = a down year.
    AD...Yes, he's a freak of nature. Maybe the best pure runner in the game, but he will get hurt, and it won't be pretty.
    Addai...He will still put up some nice numbers, but not having Saturday around for nearly half a season is going to hurt him. In terms of fantasy value (top 5 pick), he'll be a dud.
    Edge...The wheels are falling off. He's getting too old and losing his elusiveness. Tim Hightower is going to take some numbers away from him this year.

WR:
    Greg Jennings...He's a pure deep threat. Rodgers won't be able to sling it to him like Brett did. Looks like Driver will be taking back his #1 target role this year.
    Hines Ward...He's a puss. Holmes takes pretty much all of his glory this year.
    Welker...People started figuring out how to defend this turd towards the end of last season, and will continue to slow him down this season.
    Roy Williams...Contract year, yes, but it's Calvin's coming out party at Williams' expense.
    Boldin...He's unhappy, and Fitz is a monster. I don't like that combo.

TE:
    Gates...Toe injury. Same old song and dance everyone else is doing. Other than that, I don't really see any clear-cut "duds" from the TE position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar