Predictions: What will the Titans Offer Washington?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

ORRRR, maybe the other 31 teams will finally realize they need to stop overpaying dudes and take the Titans' mentality.
    What teams in the last say, oh five years who have ridiculously overpayed for a 'playmaker' have went to the SB? Or even the playoffs?...largely due to that one player?
    The Pats NEVER overpay for someone and look how many times they've been.
    Did the Steelers overpay for anyone recently?

Just because the cap has increase and just because the market has changed (the economy is fairly bad unless you haven't noticed :rolleyes:), doesn't mean you go out and overpay for something. Didn't your mother teach you anything about money management? Damn.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A players worth is whatever the market will bear. Saying someone is being over paid is an opinion and there is a supply and demand situation. If the supply of capable WRs with big play ability is only a couple of guys then the Titans need to pay what it takes to get one of them IMO. I was one of the few who was willing to pay out some bucks for Berrian last year. Most people said the guy sucked and wasn't worth it. Well, playing on a team with terrible QB play Berrian ended up with almost 1000 yards and a 20 YPC average along with 7 TDs. Add in the fact that drafting WRs is like playing the lottery with even worse odds and you start to think if the Titans think Washington can be the answer you go after him.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I totally agree... I think I posted somewhere that I wouldn't have hand-picked Washington to fill our our WR needs, but he certainly would help us and I think he's the best available right now... I think the 'Skins will need to do more cuts to make room for Big Al and Hall, and Randle-El might be the odd man out. I wouldn't mind that, but if they like what they see/hear from Nate today we should make a reasonable offer.

We might have trouble though because we'll probably have to offer more than what Gage is making, and if I were Gage I wouldn't be too pleased about that.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

amazing what one 99 yard catch can do to some stats, isn't it?

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I like your offer but we may need to go up to somewhere around 25mil for 5 yrs and a 10mil sb. A lot of the mid-tier wr's are signing for around that and most regard Washington as the 2nd best WR after Housh so we may need to offer more. If we can get him for your deal...DONE DEAL!

Gut

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

What did we offer Stallworth last year or the year before?
    Whatever we offered Stallworth, is close to what we should offer Washington. They are both #3/slot WRs.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I wish the Clayton deal hadn't occurred. That could certainly foul things up, but I think it's a sign of desperation, and it's probably low in guaranteed money. We can only hope.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Stallworth is a POS and doesn't deserve half the money or hype he gets. I don't know if there is another more useless WR in the league with as much skill and talent. He is Big Al not in a contract year.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I disagree. Washington played a lot of #2 at Pittsburgh and they considered him a starter over there. Hes only 25 or 26, his potential is sky high and I could see him developing into a number 1 receiver or at least a very productive number 2.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The only way I'll be excited about the possibility of Nate Washington becoming a Titan is if the FO is working a trade for a real #1 WR, too. Washington is no better than a #2 and that's all we have on this team. I'm praying for Holt, Johnson, Boldin, even Braylon Edwards. We don't need a wide receiver with big play potential, we need a wide receiver that actually makes big plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar