Preds 2016 thread. Blockbuster trade

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mularkey was on the radio talking about Smashville, thunder & thunder & :bs:

totally cursed the Predators

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This was the most disappointing thing since the tv show thread .

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Alex1939

At least we had some amazing home wins in the 2nd round and the game 6 in the 1st round. All of those were great.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Definitely awesome. Great season, sad it had to end but they outplayed themselves under tough circumstances. Just caught up with them. I did expect more out of Weber and Josi last night.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was a shame to see it end that way. Weber just looked worn out.

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

It was a good series, I'll say this, no Sharks fan I talked to throughout that series thought at any point was "in the bag." Nashville has a good team and it was a very close series. At times the Preds looked unstoppable.

7. Alex1939

I think having two 7 games series, especially with the two OTs, took its toll.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's the difference between a winner and a loser in the NHL unfortunately. Preds just don't have the legs for it, or the consistency. Great players will find ways to be productive.. and Shea just doesn't do it consistently. He was flat out bad. And that's not something that's fixable. If your Captain is out of gas after a 2 day layoff, with 2 rounds to go, he is not going to improve after age 30. AHL starter Bitetto outplayed Josi and Weber yesterday. And raggedy old Barret Jackman.

And Josi's mistake yesterday was simply baffling... unforgivable.

Jarnkrok didn't have a goal the entire playoffs
    Forsberg/Neal were not what they were in the regular season.

Ribeiro sucks

Johansen isn't a difference maker.

Arvidsson didn't do a whole lot until that game winner.

If not for Colin Wilson being good out of the blue, Preds would have been done easily in round one.

Just a humiliating loss.

one of the few silver linings are Ekholm/Ellis, Salomaki as a pure head splitter, Colin Wilson, Smith was good at times, Fisher was the lifeblood of the team.

#178 nickmsmith, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Maybe one more big trade/signing will put the team over the top.

I remember when we first got Fisher what a huge difference that made.

Then came Forsberg, Neal, Johansen...

I know Forsberg sucked in the playoffs, but he's still young and will get better IMO.

I think if we make one big acquisition it could get us all the way... If the player pans out.

10. Alex1939

I strongly disagree. We traveled more than anyone, and remember those are Nashville to California trips.

If we had been the home team for 4 games instead of three, if we played a closer team in one of the series... I think we could've hung with anybody.

Next season we need to finish better than wild card.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar