Pregame Press Conference with Tommy Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The record in the division and against good teams is far inferior to what Jeff Fisher had.

If you go 8-8 you can talk aboutclose morale losses and a tough schedule. 6-10 just means you suck.

For the last 2 years we have just sucked.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Just think back to 5-9, and how good we had it?

Just think back to those close games in which we almost beat the Jaguars?

Oh, how we will long again for these good ole' days....

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LMAO. I know, right? Unreal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

He's just very jittery, and noncommittal. I understand the nervousness that comes with your first press conference, but the guy doesn't give off even an ounce of confidence IMO.

I've worked for bosses I didn't respect, and it never ends well. Not that the players will ever truly need an owner to show them how to do things, but knowing the guy ultimately in control is a clown doesn't help.

Luckily for us (I guess), he'll have nothing to do with the football part of the team.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

uh

I was under the impression that this guy has been running the show for a long time anyway.......I doubt we see that much change.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This team is competitive, but still falls apart at the end. Sounds like coaching to me.

7. amy

amy Starter

I've also worked for bosses that I didn't respect, but things worked out just the same.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well Im rooting for the big guy, I hope he takes this team to new places, cause honestly Im sick as sh*t of supporting a terrible football team.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You're 27 now brave... You gotta stick with it. You can't become a fair weather fan until your mid forties.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Neil O'Donnell was on 104.5 this morning. Frank was being his usual Titan/Munch-apologist self. But Neil said that Bud made it clear that this was a playoff team and that's what he expected. He said if Bud were still around this press conference would've gone "much different". He never came out and said it, but he seemed to be beating around the bush that Munch would be fired right now, or at least when the season ended.

I swear, I'm gonna have to just completely stop listening to Frank on the morning show. It's genuinely beginning to make me not like the guy. Which I hate because he's always been a fan favorite and one of the more likable Titans. The guy is just such a good little soldier he can't even bring himself to so much as whisper anything bad about the state of the team and/or Munchak's performance as HC. He's rattling off stuff like "They've been so close to winning so many games... They're just finding new ways to lose each week" as if that's somehow a positive thing. "Just gotta keep plugging away and add a few new pieces". You know, toeing the company line.

I'm just so freaking sick of this weak @$$ local media. I think that's one of the major downsides of us being such a small market/city. Everyone is so damn worried about losing access or pissing off coaches/management. Clay Travis will call people out but he's also not taken as seriously as a lot of the other local media personalities. Kuharsky will typically call it like it is, so long as it does not interfere with his gigantic ego. I really enjoy Wyatt but he's more of an information-guy than an opinion-guy. I really don't ever hear him calling people out.

104.5's morning show is basically Tennessee Titan Damage Control. They help to spread that "Oh we're just a few breaks/players away from not being completely pathetic" mentality. And eventually, the fans start to buy into it. Mediocrity ensues.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar