prepare for the draft routine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LTF, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTF

LTF Starter

Well I have got my draft mags and websites tabbed. I looked at the videos and reviews. I have made my big board. With less than a week what else do you do? Any superstitions that you guys have or other things you do? I posted this last year and it seemed to work. So, I will do it again this year!
    I guess now is a good time to ask that you meditate, pray, or do whatever you do for the scouts, FO, coaches and team in general
    this is pretty much religion neutral so I guess it is good to post.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Nothing. I just watch, when I can, or check my phone repeatedly and relish that I no long have to endure dozens of unrealistic mock drafts by our posters. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I have wasted too much of my life sitting around waiting to see who the Titans pick. I'll just look at the recaps. The only 3 players I'm really familiar with are Luck, Griffin III and Blackmon.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I turn the TV on and then try to find something else to do or else I'll fall asleep.

I don't get how anyone can be excited about the draft unless your team has a top 5 or so pick. Hell, even that this year is boring.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think I might try to drink a beer every pick, that should make it half entertaining.

The draft is boring, but still 10x better than the Pro Bowl.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well since douche Goodell changed the draft to what it is today from the old schedule of Saturday and Sunday I don't really have a ritual.

I used to stock up on beer, Jameson and tons of snacks and park my butt on the couch for, basically, the entire weekend. My wife knows how much I loved the draft so she gave me wide berth which was cool. Anyway, I miss to old days of the draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I Love the draft! Quite frankly, I look more forward to the draft than I do the super bowl.

I watch highlights of all the players the Titans are likely to pick in the first. Then I sit there with my laptop so I can immediately watch higlights of the guy they ACTUALLY pick.

I remember the year we picked CJ. I went from pissed off "WTF!" mode to "this guy is awesome!" mode in about 2 minutes.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well said, I agree 100%... I love the draft more than the Superbowl. That would change if we ever made it back but seeing the Stoolers beat the Cards can't come close to the draft :).

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Actually, while of course I want to see the Titans in the SB, I think watching it would almost kill me.

I am still pissed about how I watched the last Titans SB. My friends (I was in college) were having a party, but my girlfriend wanted us to go watch it with her dad. So we did. I was stupid then.

Anyway, the final drive, where Dyson came up short? At some point in the drive, her dad says to me "How many downs do they get again?" Now I'm on my knees tearing my hair out... and I look at him in a mixture of shock/fury/amazement that a grown heterosexual male could ask such a stupid question at such a time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Same here. I am not a fan of the new draft schedule at all. When it was Saturday/Sunday I used to wake up on Saturday like a kid on Christmas. And of course it was an excuse to get started drinking early. :)

Now it's basically rush home from work on Thursday. Wait around forever for the Titans to make ONE pick. Go to work Friday, anxiously awaiting our second pick all day long. Rush home yet again to see our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Then for the later rounds on Saturday I'll just tune in and out randomly throughout the day.

Like I said, I'm not a fan. IMO the draft felt like much more of an event/spectacle when you had rounds 1-3 all on the same day. Now it's too spread out and it seems to take some of the fun and excitement out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar