Preseason chances few for Hawkins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

He’s coming off a career season, but wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins hasn’t been involved in much of the Titans’ preseason offense thus far.

Hawkins has been targeted just three times in the team’s first three preseason games, and he’s made only one official catch. He recorded a second reception last Thursday against Arizona, but it was negated by a penalty.

Hawkins, who had 47 catches for 470 yards last year, has been slowed by a ligament injury in his ankle that’s nagged him since OTAs. He’s said he’ll probably need medical attention for the ligament issue following this season.

“I’m alright. I’m going to be banged up. You aren’t ever going to be healthy, 100 percent healthy,” Hawkins said. “I’m just trying to build everything back because I lost some trust (while recovering from the injury).

“It does feel a whole lot better than what it did in the OTAs. I’m able to do more. That’s the positive side. So hopefully as the season goes on it will just go away.”

Two other reasons Hawkins hasn’t seen many passes come his way: The Titans have been giving rookie Kendall Wright a lot of work, and Marc Mariani – prior to his season-ending injury last Thursday – had been having a very good offseason/training camp.

“He’s been a little slow through OTA’s and the summer with the ankle being a little sore,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said of Hawkins. “But he’s been practicing and doing everything.

“It’s just one of those things where again, we didn’t have a lot of reps (last Thursday) … We didn’t get a lot of people in the game that we wanted to get in. We didn’t get to do a lot of things we wanted to do.”

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar