Preseason expectations..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I remember a lot of us on here predicted that we would win between 3-5 games.

Myself, predicted that we would win 6 games. So 2 more wins and my expectations will reached, and anything more would be a bonus.

New coaching staff, a new QB, and here we are 4-3.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking we are an elite team with high expectations.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty sure I was happy with 8 - 8

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Fisher?

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Heck, I wanted a 10-6 type season (Still very possible). But I'm just living this season through my expectation and that was 6-10.

Hopefully we can at least flat line the rest of the season, instead of slowly waste away.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

seriously though... anyone that thinks that we'd make the superbowl is smokin' some strong stuff... apparently that was the mood after we beat baltimore who in all honesty, are very streaky....
    team is young, we have a first year staff that did a complete overhaul and a very short preseason to boot... everything is stacked against us and yet we have a winning (yet somewhat disappointing) record.
    heck we were one of the teams that were predicted to be completely wreaked as a franchise because of the lockout....

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was saying 6-9 wins....BUT, I thought we would start slower and finish faster (due to what I perceived to be a tougher early schedule and our team's newness to system). Now I think our second half of the season is tougher from an opponent standpoint (Buffalo, Cincinnati, Carolina....all beatable, but who knew they would not be doormats?). I still think that we are a 6-9 win team though, with specific record dependent alot on how things shake out with our running game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar