Preseason Game 1 Preview: New Orlean Saints at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans open the preseason Saturday night at LP Field against the New Orlean Saints in an event which will give more attention to three players than the game itself.

This game reunites two of the top draft picks of 2006 and Rose Bowl foes Reggie Bush and Vince Young. It also reunites National Championship USC running back tandem Bush and LenDale White. All eyes will be on these rookies and both teams would like to see their major investments gain some confidence in an entertaining preseason opener.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001617.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. H Man

H Man Guest

You darn right, I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Good article. I'll be watching for each of those things. I'm also curious which if any URFA's makes an impact. You know this team doesn't just bring 'em in for camp meat.

I'll watch the NFL Network Sat night Whip Around (I think they call it). They promoed coverage of the game, billing Rose Bowl stars... Then they televise Sun @ 2PM EDT.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Great read Jeff you've laid it out great. I'm also looking forward to seeing "The Sarge" at fullback especially if we really run the ball a lot. I hope he does well and brings back memories of the old days.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

nice article, i enjoyed it. but its only preseason, i wouldn't worry about the things you listed just yet. i am eager to see it too but i dont put much account into the preseason. you cant judge billy volek by the first pre season game, although you could look for our formations on offense, position battles, and things like that. i think the most important thing to get out of preseason is no injuries, and also to finally settle who is starting on the offensive line. games are won and lose in the trenches.

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Man! I can't wait to see how these rookies and newcomers do. I know that this first game won't determine their season but getting a glimps of their progress will be exciting.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I am looking for solid effort on the D as far as tackling - NO Grabbing and just throwing the body at the man - LOWER the shoulders and run thru the ball carrier for cryin' out loud.

I WANT to be on the bandwagon I really do!

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Preseason games mean more for teams like Tennessee and N.O. who have struggled in the past few years.

With teams like Indy and Pittsburg, they are fairly well set with their starters, and know how they will play.

That's what makes this preseason especially interesting...Both teams have several players who really want, and need to show what they can do. So we will see a real contest as opposed to say...Indy vs St Louis last night ( where Indy couldn't care less if they won or lost)

I am as excited as I would be if the games really counted...Can't to see what our guys can do !!!

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Anybody know if Streamtvnow will show this match?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hooray beer !

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Im excited about the game in general.... But i really want to see how Stephen Tulloch uses those pads. Our LB corps hasnt been just plain nasty in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar