Preseason Game 3: Tennessee Titans at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

it was really good, you should consider writing...

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

This has to go down as one of the best threads of the year. Not only did we go way off topic we even settled all the problems basically.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

:werd:

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I just noticed werd is Drew backwards. Good god how is that smiley face able to hold onto that sign

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the smiley face looks high....

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:rolleyes:

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

because its the opposite of drew... the anti-drew...
    bizarro drew, if you will.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

your wayyyy late buddy...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think therein lies the problem the majority of the time (yeah I am late to the issue I know). Since posts really don't have much or any tone or emotion attached to them that people can see, some posts are taken to be attacks on you. I mean correcting spelling isn't really an attack is it?
    When you are/were at school and a teacher corrected a mistake in a paper did you take it as an attack or something you learned? I know we are not in school and we are not teachers and students but school isn't the only place you learn things and teachers are not the only ones you will learn from.

When I was first here, I know I was typing the 'u', 'ur', 'y' 'cos', as well as other spelling mistakes and at times I was corrected and rarely spelled it wrong again. I just took in what was said as advice, not an attack and I think that line of thought will make this place a little less hostile than it has been lately. (At least in my opinion it has).

But why is it wrong? You are right this isn't English, but correct spelling should be imperative in everyday life and bad habits online and on forums will transfer over to everyday life.
    I remember when I was in Year 12 at High School and the teacher commented on how someone wrote, in an essay, words like this:

lyk, h8, u, ur, c, cos etc.

No one will take anyone seriously in real life writing like that.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

don't get bent outah shape about the grammar/spelling thing.

99% of the grammar/spelling critics are wholly devoted to embarrassing posters to avoid a response on topic. anyone really interested in helping yah will send a private message ...

thank the prudes, and reiterate your point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar