Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Press Conference at 11:00

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I haven't seen any hard contract numbers. But let's assume for now that Thornton has just under a $2M cap value (~$6.5M SB/5 years + 585k) and Givens is just over $2M ($8M SB/5 + $585k). No clue what Mawae got, but let's say he's in the same ballpark (maybe $6M SB over 4 years plus the minimum this year).

If they have $6M in cap room tied up with those 3 guys, that would be the majority of the money we have to spend on free agents right now. But they can free up more fairly easily (not including McNair's contract)
  2. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I'll also add that simply by cutting Nickey and Bobby Wade, we will save $1.424M in cap room. Bulluck could renegotiate to save $3M. Kinney and Hentrich could renegotiate to save us about $500k each.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,620
    Nickey should be gone for sure, but I thought the coaches liked Wade.
  3. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Not enough to keep him at that price. He's going to have to have a very good camp to stick, and I'm not convinced he'll even make it to camp.
  4. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    Good stuff
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    They may cut Sirmon to bring on one of the LBs.
  5. #34 Behind Enemy Lines

Moolah:
    $0
    o-line.
  6. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $730
    Ya we got Mawae too. I know he's been to the pro bowl 6 times. But this is his thirteenth season. Does he still have it?
  7. Banshee2 Guest

Centers can play for a LONG time.

Does anyone remember the last time we could look forward to FA acquisitions?!? This offseason is bringing a LOT of Vet presence...I like it so far. These are 3 very solid acquisitions. No flash, just lunch-pail types. I love it! I don't even care who we draft right now, LOL!

(Okay, that last statement went a little too far...):))
  8. Sunshine Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I know how you feel -- I'm giddy, too! :jump:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.