PRESSURE ON NOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Walldaprince, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walldaprince

Walldaprince Rookie

After this Teddy Bridgewater injury the pressure is clearly on MikeMularkey
    now..Losing to a vikings team with teddy and the running game and there defense was kinda expected (TOUGH CLOSE LOSE)..now things change you have to win this game take away teddy and this team only has AP and a good defense ....
    must win for MM to start his tenure off right ...

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

For sure, I'd be pretty pissed if we lost to the Vikings week 1 now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea things just got a bit more easy for us week1

- Enter the silly guys talking about backup QBs beating previous teams........

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

One thing I can tell you I don't think we face Shaun hill.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

League is deprived of QBs, can't see any team moving a good QB

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I find it pretty amazing that Bridgewater going down makes this a "should win game" now for the Titans. Some basic facts tell us this game is still gonna be a tough game for Tennessee.
    Titans 3-13 last year, Minnesota 11-5.
    Their offense doesn't revolve around the QB, it revolves around AP. Despite every team knowing this, they won 11 games last year.
    Tennessee still has to prove that any of these offseason moves are going to pay off. I know everyone has talked about the JR moves and we've all hyped up some players that no other fan base even knows, but this team has yet to play a regular season game.
    I know I was the only one on the other thread that gave Shaun Hill any credit, by the guy is not terrible. He's only been a regular starter in 2 of his seasons, but even so, he's a 62% completion percentage and has 49 TD to 30 INT, not what I would call a turnover machine.

There is no way that I would call this game a "MUST WIN" for Mularkey. This is his first game with a new team coming off a 3-13 season against a very tough Minnesota team.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Minnesota as it stands is better than us....Plain and simple. Backup QB or not. Best thing we can do, is stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Don't rule the vikings out. It's gonna be a good game still especially with AP healthy. Have you seen our defense lately?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Fact: Teddy Bridgewater averaged less than 1 TD per game.

Fact: Teddy Bridgewater averaged just 200 yards per game

Fact: the Vikings were dead last in the NFL in pass attempts per game last year.

In all honesty, losing Teddy doesn't hurt the Vikings that much. Teddy was basically playing the role of backup QB anyway... not expected to make big plays, and don't turn the ball over. Manage the game and let your D and running game win it for you.

To me, this game is just as hard for titans to win as it was before. Either way we were just going to load up the box to stop AP

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Gonna be a good one for sure. If we lose, i won't be mad, long as we don't come out, trounce them, then lose 6 games straight. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar