Preston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea if an offer comes in, we should take it for sure, but I highly doubt one comes in from any team.

2. JCBRAVE

Bump

Ok so I noticed something about NFL WR's this year, they're all hurt!

Sidney Rice - out for the preseason
    Michael Crabtree - out for the season, teammate Mario Manningham PUP
    Danario Alexander - out for the season, teammates Malcom Floyd, and Vincent Brown will also miss the preseason
    Plaxico Burress - out for the season
    Eagles WR's Arrelious Benn, and Jeremy Maclin - out for the season
    Hakeem Nicks - out for the preseason
    Marques Colston - out the preseason
    Justin Blackmon - suspended til October
    Jordy Nelson - out preseason
    Josh Gordon - out preseason, teammate David Nelson also our the preseason
    Brandon Marshall - out for the preseason
    Steve Johnson - out preseason
    Santonio Holmes - PUP
    Percy Harvin - PUP

Maybe we should consider shopping Preston before we lose him and get nothing.

3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

That's the line of thinking I had when making this thread

4. JCBRAVE

Depending on what Preston does this week and week-4 of the preseason will determine his fate in the NFL.

I dont see him making this team this year, but with Mariani dinged up, Kenny Britt always missing practices, and Damian Williams becoming a free agent after this year, I'd hate to see Michael Preston waived and picked up by another team.

Im hoping he can develop for us and play here for a while. He talks like he's ready to break thru.

But we can't even think trade until he shows up on other teams radar, and to do that he has to play good vs the Bengals this week. He's a back-up so we should see plenty of him this game and week-4.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do not see kevin walter making this team.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I don't see any teams giving anything of value for Preston who is a developmental depth guy. If we are going to trade anyone it will probably be Nate Washington or Damion Williams.

In fact if the Eagles are looking for another WR I would offer them Williams for a 6th round pick plus a conditional pick that can go as high as a 3rd (it would probably be a 4th based on playtime and yards). That way we can get something for him before he is shipped out in FA and the Eagles get a new WR who instantly slides up to 2nd on their depth chart.

Then we can go into the year with Britt/Wright/Washington/Hunter/Preston/Mariani which is still a ridiculously deep WR core.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That list isn't the least bit surprising... it's exactly why I avoid pretty much all of those players in FF.

The only ones I would draft from that list are Marshall (only if he falls to the late 2nd), Colston (if he's there in the 5th-6th), Nelson (if he's there in the 5th-6th), and Rice (if he's there in the 11th or beyond).

The rest are either always hurt or suck.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, NO way a team trades for Preston ... If a team comes inquiring about 1 of our WRs it would most likely be Nate.

Teams would wait for Preston to hit waivers and then take him ... But what if they want to ensure they get him you ask? Well, I am sure there are other WRs on other teams that haven't done anything in regular season that thier fans are high on. I think they might just take one of those guys.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

..... Man most the time your posts have a legit point and all but this is just nonsense. Kid is going nowhere but up and we wanna kick him out???

We are not (and we shouldn't) trading Preston. First of all, this is just so bizarre and unheard of... When is the last time your heard an unproven UdFa get TRADED?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Plenty of Free Agents out there who are better than Preston. They'll sign one of them or wait for waivers.

They won't be trading for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar