Pretty good article about Haynesworth...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Thanks BigRed3

:yes: Good read

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I noticed in another game Gurode was near the goal line and after the play a lineman took a swing at him and hit the back of his helmet. His reputation is getting around.

4. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Man, I thought this article was very personal. I wouldn't want my dirty laundry aired for the whole world to see.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I wouldn't say I'm surprised there's a lot of dirty play in the NFL, but still I didn't expect a personal trainer (with the teams indirect consent no less) to be so open in his teachings of ways to injure your opponent.....

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Remember what his team mates said after it happened? It's war in the trenches...most people have no idea what goes on.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I know it happens, I just didn't think it was being taught openly.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Notice he used the disclaimer that he was teaching "legal" things to do.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Oh I know they're legal, but they're still cheapshots. It's like Warren Sapps lowblock on Chad Clifton a couple of years ago, it's legal, but dirty as hell.

Personally I'd never use a legal technique which only purpose is to injure my opponent. Hurt the opponent, yes that's part of the game, but to deliberately injure isn't, imo.

10. The bigger question is whether you would do it knowing that they were trying to do the exact same to you?

Personally, if my livelihood was at stake, I'd probably at least show that I'd be willing just to give them a moment of pause...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar