Pretty good article about Haynesworth...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

True, but then you have an evil circle of guys doing it because the other guys are doing it. But I see your point, that if I knew one player was trying to injure me, I'd probably return the favour, but I would never initiate it.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great read..
    it puts much reason and little justification for Haynesworth's action, although it was not acceptable and never will be.

I like that he was coached to play dirty in an "legal" way.. we should sign that Chuck Smith guy to our coaching staff.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

On the flipside I suppose it puts a different spin on the Wade/Harrison incident.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

he probably makes more money doing it his own way

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure the intent was to teach AH to hurt people but to use whatever is legally available. The trenches are like a controlled fight and one of AH's problems is he wasn't using technique to take advantage of his incredible physical skills.

Note Smith said; "Haynesworth lost control because he was letting opponents kick his butt with no repercussions. No one feared him."

AH needs to get as mean or meaner, on a legal level than his opponents and stop letting OLs get the best of him. It might seem dirty but it is a big part of the game. Nothing wrong with ripping a guys head off legally, it is better than illegally stomping on his head.

By the way, Smith needs to be the Titans DL coach. Starks and a few others could use a little more meaness in their play.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I'd agree with you except for the part where he instructs Haynesworth to dive into the knees of an otherwise engaged offensive lineman. That's only cheap and dangerous, sure it makes them "fear" you, but then you might as well just stomp on their heads.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Thats puts his decision in a bit of a different perspective.....yes it was a cheap shot and unacceptable but gurode was dirtyas well and if that cut blocks is on the money big Al is gone for the year and gurode looks dirty so it gooes hand in hand and he had a ton of pressure on him this season from family,play,contract, to weight he had a lot bottled up and itjust came out.

I think he should be resigned.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

It is amazing how open the article was about his personal life. I mean, we all have our issues, and with our loved ones at that, but they put his whole life on blast. I don't think we needed to know about him and his wife, his relationship with his mother, or how estranged from his father he's been. Good read, too personal for my taste. I think it pre-disposes people to judements about who you are as a person, when they don't really know you, then read something about your personal life. "Oh, there's AH, he looks mad, he must be having problems with his wife again"......, Way too much to have to put out there IMO.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I do agree that this article was a little too personal, but I think AH did it to try to shed light upon his motives for the stomp incident. I think there has been a little too much pressure put upon Big Al. And I know how a cut block can send someone over the edge, but it still doesn't even begin to defend his actions on that day. In that article, he talked about how all of the coaches simply wanted to talk about how much better he could be, and that is so true. When you look at Albert, you see a guy that has immense potential but will probably never reach it. He is the Randy Moss of defensive lineman. He takes plays off. A lot of the time he doesn't play with passion and/or intensity. I don't think I can count the number of times over the past four years that Albert has come off the field with an injury. That's why all of the coaches are on his case. It's frustrating as hell to see a guy who can completely dominate a football game if he would simply put in the effort to do so.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

AH is so dominant he draws a lot of double teams. That's a lot of meat to move in a day, and make tackles. If he was down to 14% body fat, that's pretty amazing. If we had a solid front 4 AH would "appear" to be a lot more dominant, but he is carrying a lot of the load by himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar