Prince has passed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RTH, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I have honestly never really heard he was a jerk. He was one of the biggest icons in the world, so I am sure he wanted his space at times when fans would come up to him, but I cant blame him for that, and I dont think that makes someone a jerk. Often times when people refer to celebrities as jerks, it was the person that was rude first.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He is estimated to be worth over $300 million, I think life post 95 was just fine for him.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

financially, yes. As far as making music that the masses enjoyed, multiple marriages, etc. not so much.. It may be a bit depressing being a nostalgia act, just IMO. though he still did make good money touring, I'm sure.

He was great at music, though. No question. Loved 7, raspberry beret, when doves cry, etc.

#33 nickmsmith, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He was not an nostalgia act. I get that as musicians age, the younger people cling on to new groups, but I dont think that makes him nostalgia. He had an album that went to #1 in 06, #2 on 09, #5 in 14. YOu dont reach those #s being a nostalgia act. When Poison, or New Kids on the Block, and even this year GNR, tour, I consider those nostalgia. Someone who was beloved his entire career, I dont really consider nostalgia.

5. nickmsmith

Anyway, looking like it was Overdose related. Bummer. Sometimes even when you've got everything, happiness is still elusive.

He lost a baby Years ago with his ex wife, had no wife and no kids to survive him. Sad.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It does appear to be an OD, but, a difference in that it seems it was legal prescription stuff after an injury. Not sure that reflects on his happiness. That isnt shooting up heroin or smoking crack your whole life. I dont think he was ever a drug addict.

7. nickmsmith

Unless it was an accidental overdose, generally people who purposely overdose aren't happy. He probably was an addict towards the end. May not be any fault of his own. Happwns a lot, and I will stay off pain killers unless they are absolutely necessary.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That is what I am saying. It appears to be accidental on pain killers.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

This is becoming a problem actually. Prince was a vegan that didn't even drink, and was never associated with using illicit substances. Word on the street is that he had hip problems (most likely arthritis) and was prescribed pain medication prior to having a surgical repair. I have seen several of my coworkers fall after injury, to the point of taking meds from their patients. One lady was a charge nurse in her 50's (clean as rain), she fell and broke her wrist, within 4 months was busted stealing opiates at work. The last time I saw her, she was suicidal and in restraints.... it is an epidemic!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    this is a fluffy kitty

#40 GoT, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar