Prince of Persia review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't know if i'll be getting this one. i don't like the way it looks at all.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Commercials def dont look very good. Made me think is was a PSP game...!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The style is cell shaded and definitely couldn't be done on anything but current gen consoles.

I reckon it looks amazing, and a refreshing change from the 'real look graphics' these days.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hate the cell shading. The graphics on the last PoPs looked better, and they were last gen. Looks way too cartoonish.
    But I'm a big fan of PoP, so hopefully the gameplay is better than the cheesey character design.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Got this title with me home today, looking forward to trying it out. I have fond memories of the first one that came out for the PS2.

7. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Watching X-Play last night they gave it 3 of five and called it "The oddest disappointment of the year" I guess meaning they thought it would be better based on the previous games.

8. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I really tried liking this game, but after playing it a few days. I've given up on it. Monotonous sums up the game pretty well.

**** FEW MINOR STORYLINE SPOILERS FOLLOWS *****

The game started out with some pretty nice introduction and my expectations started to rise. You're a prince, bump into a princess, s**t hits the fan and now you have to make things right. Alrighty, they weren't reinventing the wheel, but it did the job alright.
    After this intro, a small chatting icon started appearing every time the princess felt like small talking. And as it turns out she had like 10-20 things to say each new place we saw. So I decided fairly quickly that i didn't really care about this ancient kingdom i was trying to save, and tried my best to ignore the nagging little icon in the corner of my screen.
    After the intro the game allowed you to choose from 4 different locations. Because I'm obviously a slave to my left brain functions I started with the leftmost location and worked myself right. Location 1: Kill boss and heal some earth. Location 2: Kill ever-so-slightly-different boss, heal earth. Location 3: Kill another boss, heal earth. Location 4: you guessed it, boss-killing time, heal earth. Now in between was some decent level design where you had to find your way through, but almost no enemies. And everytime the game would switch into combat mode, all the fluidity of the controls were thrown out the window and you were left with this combo-driven button-mashing battle system that tbh. didn't work very well.
    Anyways, after healing 3-4 different places i got the option to unlock some more places. And guess what, more mediocre boss fights and more healing earth. And after unlocking the 3rd set of places i decided to shelf the game.
    Now the game might evolve later on, i dunno, but this earth-healing lasted several days and I kinda got fed up. I'm probably gonna give the game another shot later on, but for the moment I'm quite disappointed....
    On the bright side I got this one as a promotional copy and didn't shell out any cash for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar