Pro Bowl Skills Competition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

Okay so young is now in the pro bowl, and he is going to do the skills competition. Before i say anything just to let ppl know that Vince is my god. But first i think he should do the fastest man competition just for fun. But my point is, the throwing competition. I dont know how they will do it this year but in previous years they have had moving targets and u got to hit them. Can young do this? I mean with the way he throws, does he have the strength and accuracy to hit those targets, cuz i mean ive seen manning and brees do horrible at these things, if he does good, everyone will shut their mouth, but if he does bad i think ppl that hate on young will solidify their criticism about his throwing ability. what are some thoughts on this

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Look on youtube for the video of Vince doing a skills competition before the draft. He was sweet...

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Young was already in a similar type of competition coming out of college. If I remember correctly he had a very strong arm and threw the ball about 70+ yds but not accurately (they had to have the ball land between 2 cones.

So his arm is strong enough.

But as far as the moving targets thing...it's not really comparable to football since those things don't move at the same speed as wr's and usually all the QB's have a tough time early on. Whether he does well or not won't concern me.

Gut

4. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

if young is your qoute on quote GOD AS YOU CLAIM then that really shouldn't be a question! you should have full confidence in him!

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I bet Vince would do well with the shuttle and cone drill
    (which is usually reserved for RB's)

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If Vince is anything he's an athlete and a competitor.... He'll be fine in what ever he competes in. Not saying he'll win but it's possible. I mean, let's face it, how many things does he compete at that he loses?? I would expect nothing less than a decent performance out of him.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Do they televise the skills comp?

My other point is to tell him not to play flag football on the beach. Remember what happened a few years back?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They don't play that anymore if I remember correctly.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Wow...

You remember correctly. And it was Robert Edwards who was lucky not to lose his leg!

Gut

10. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

They need a drill where the object is to make good defenders look like complete buffoons. Vince would own that one. Or one where the object is to make Hoge look like a douche. That one wouldn't be very challenging for any of the contestants, but Vince still comes out on top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar