Pro Football Focus Draft Grader: Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bababooey, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/15/draft-grader-tennessee-titans/

Pro Football Focus breaks down all of our 2008-2010 picks on a scale of +2.0 (best pick) to -2.0 (worst pick) in .5 incriments.

Glad to see someone understands how good our corners are. No surprised it's the people whose job is to ACTUALLY look into this stuff, not just talk about it wildly.

I had actually forgotten that McCourty wasn't a mid-round pick (I thought he was a 3rd or 4th rounder) but he was a SIXTH round pick. Crazy value we got there along with Verner in the 4th (maybe 3rd?).

Our CB scouting is unreal.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

What is funny is that several of the people with positive and even grades have been repeatedly called busts on here.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Been saying it all along, his brother was a first round pick. He HAS to be atleast somewhat comparable to his twin.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

They nailed it with the grade that they gave Marks.:hmm:

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am confused why Rusty Smith is listed twice, and I disagree with several of their assessments, but overall it was a decent report. You can atleast tell they did their homework.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I was initially confused with the Smith grade too. The first one is an example of what a 2.0 is not.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Pretty much nailed it. I had high hopes for this guy too.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am kind of surprised of someone like Marks stays on the team for so long, and a guy like Curran barely makes it a year.

I know Curran was never going to amount to anything with us, but he probably would have contributed more overall.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Only the bolded names are the actual ranks. The listing under +2.0 is just some commentary about how Rusty Smith was definitely not Tom Brady for his draft position.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

F*ck Fishface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar