Pro Football Talk Mt Rushmore Poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Ok, so I was at a bar watching the random TVs and NBC Sports Network was doing this thing where fans vote for the top 4 names of the franchise history that would appear on a 'Mt. Rushmore' of the franchise. Not a bad idea when looking at the entire league.

Now my reason for posting the topic here is when you look at the list of players/coaches to vote on for the Oiler/Titans, ALL of them were Oilers!! At least at one point or completely, not ONE player on this list was a pure Titan from draft day on. How can they not at least put CJ as an option for the Oiler/Titan list?

Oilers haven't existed for 15 years!!!

Check it out here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/16/lets-build-an-oilers-titans-mt-rushmore/

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

The Ravens who moved the yr before the Oilers did from being the Browns had Flacco and Ed Reed on their list. And they did a pure Ravens list.

Made the Browns totally seperate

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pretty sure there are four of these threads.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Ravens are a separate team and did not keep the history with the move. When the oilers moved here they got to keep the oiler history. So the titans/ oilers are the same franchise in the eyes of the nfl. The Browns hold the history to all brown teams. When the ravens moved it was an existing team, but with no history so it was like an expansion team. I think it is kind of good that the franchise got to keep its history.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No pure Titan deserves to be on there and CJ's career isn't over yet. Right now, he probably would be, at best, a lock with Eddie and not close to Earl.

Bruce, Munch, Moon, Campbell.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree but to me Mac 9 is also there to me, he led the organization to its only superbowl and he had several nice playoff runs

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mac9 was an Oiler as well though. I wouldn't have an issue if he were on the Oiler/Titan Mt Rushmore though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar