ProBowl Voting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

assuming he isn't dead or in jail

2. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

Not hardly! every one is talking about us having a former 6 time pro-bowler. However, I say Mawae is still a pro-bowler. How much has the o-line improved since his addition?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He could be, but we won't get enough attention for him to make it.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Props to Gunny cause it appears that he was the only one who actually read through the posts.. Welcome to Nashville by the way. Stay away from the catfish and don’t miss out on the Mexican restaurants in Town.

Nicely said GT3801
    That statement almost would have carried its intended weight if I hadn’t had said the following:

Yet apparently that quote went unread as my instincts tell me you wouldn’t had made those posts should you had read that.

Consequently, structuring your arguments on a frail foundation carries less weight than an empty Wal-Mart bag.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Jeeeez RollTide!!!! Are u still going on about that..
    Its bad enough i can't stand seeing that guy play us two times a season, why would i would vote him to the Aloha State.. Heck no. Whatever serious or non-serious pro-list i make up, his name won't be in there.

Payton will be in town in a couple of days so if you like him so much bow up your hair, grab your favourite pom poms glitter up and go cheer for him.
    :jumpropeb
    just don't ask us to do the same..

6. GoTitans3801

No, I actually have read all of your posts. However, I find them a little confusing. You start a thread on this forum with your pro bowl ballot. Surely that indicates that you want to discuss your votes, right? Otherwise, why the heck did you post it?
    If you did intend that to be the subject of this thread, then I think I've been right on topic. You originally said the LT pick was a joke. That's fine. I don't see why you should attack my post when I'm just responding to your original thread. If you're going to post your pro bowl ballot, do you honestly expect that no one is going to debate the merits of your picks? If you want to make biased votes because you're a fan of the team, good for you, do whatever you want, but if you're going to post a thread of your votes, why is it illegitimate for the rest of us to discuss it? I went through several players and made comments on why I thought they weren't legit. Is your only response that I clearly didn't understand what you were doing, and that those players were chosen from bias? Well, this has been a lovely discussion thread, thanks for posting it. Maybe someone else can post a thread where we can actually debate players on the Titans that should go to the pro bowl.

Also, how exactly was I structuring my arguments on a frail foundation? I just made a response to your picks, and said RT should be able to comment on them as well. Clearly that's a much more frail foundation than posting a pro bowl ballot online without explanation and then attacking people who criticize it.

7. GoTitans3801

Side note, I agree with you that it's completely legit to leave manning off your pro-bowl ballot. I'd put him on mine, but hey, he's a douchebag and not much of a leader, leave him off. But just because RT thinks he's a definite pro bowler doesn't mean he deserves to be attacked/mocked/etc...

Sorry for these two posts, I just don't like it when threads turn into people mocking each others opinions instead of arguing their merits. I only tend to actually get involved when the mocking becomes directed at me.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There is a reason 100% of the pro-bowl selections are not based on fan voting alone. Otherwise it would obviously even more of a joke than it is right now. IMO posts like these just warrant why we should take the por-bowl choices out of the hands of the fans completely. Let the coaches and players do it. They know who is deserving and there isn't a coach or player that would even think to leave Manning off the list.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

GT.. You’re absolutely right about one thing; members should be able to provide their feedback to any given subject without fear of reprisal in the sense of being attacked/mocked/etc. Furthermore, members should feel free to post threads without the constant worry of being attacked with unwarranted cheap shots such as taunts and unnecessary name calling.

It is absolutely acceptable when a member provides his criticism to a particular post. Nonetheless, when a member throws in a few brutal ‘below the belt’ punches with it intended at attacking another member as a person, the assaulting member shouldn’t be surprised when the subject of his provoked mockery responds with a knockout blow.

Mixing up fact with fiction tends to get me worked up more than anything, especially when it comes from the fingertips of a member who chooses to pick and separate comments as he likes in order to strengthen his argument. GT, you explained that you had read this complete thread, yet I remain mystified as to the order of which it had been read.

Kindly explain if you started reading from the last post and then read all the way up to the first. The reason I’m puzzled is because you said:
    And again:

Now here’s the fun part. Locating the combination of your comments to dwindle the bricks of your fortified position was not difficult at all.

Did you fail to read the title of RollTide’s initial post:
    Ouch….
    Or how about this cheap shot:

Now if the words “clueless” and “unknowledgeable fans” were not direct and personal attacks at another member, I wonder what is. Should I roll down my sleeves and wait for censored-out words to precede or follow my name prior to responding? Don’t blame me for taking that direct ridicule as a personal attack. You or any other member would have done so too.
    Uh-oh… you forgot about that right?

Its not that I need a dictionary to interpret words from other member’s posts; I am however convinced that you might need one in order to choose your words more shrewdly in future posts.

MOCK
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
    2. to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.
    3. to mimic, imitate, or counterfeit.
    4. to deceive, delude, or disappoint.

–verb (used without object)
    6. to use ridicule or derision; scoff; jeer (often fol. by at).

So I’m left wondering if your verb was used with an object or without, because either way I look at it, your first post was indeed a personal attack, and your final post was nothing less than sheer apologetic hypocrisy.

Now if you would have primarily altered that sentence to read “pitbull’s post”, instead of “pitbull” as an individual, I wouldn’t have brought that up and we would instead be quoting each others posts in a more sociable thread such as why Vince Young deserves the MVP player of the week award..
    The mockery was never directed at you; it was in fact you who initially provoked it by mocking others.

Oh, and I’m sorry too. I also ‘just don’t like’ it when people hide behind discussion boards to deliver unpleasant deliberate attacks at other members on a personal level instead of taking the time to discuss the actual issue which they initially entered the thread to discuss.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I feel like I have been hit by a truck...RollTide has a sense of humour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar