ProBowl Voting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Allright, I don't have time to go as line-by-line as you have, so I'll sum up.

Things didn't turn to me until your post (#34), which is why I stepped back in. RT makes attacks, and crosses the line sometimes, but here I agreed with him because I thought (and still think) that your original thread deserved a little mocking. I didn't intend my post(s) to be actively mean or hurt feelings, maybe I should have said teasing or ribbing. Sorry, maybe I was over the line there. Also, I should have directed in at your post instead of you, I didn't realize that you would take it so directly. I don't really think you're living in fear of such terrible taunting as those that I've given here. I do understand that worry, since WU left the board after people started picking on him so much, but hopefully you don't think I was actually going anywhere near there.

Anyway, my point is, you made a post, RT responded (too far, on his part), and I was intending to get away from the personal attacks and back to the discussion. I made the one statement that you've just referred to (the dreaded "mocking" term!), and then spent my next 5 posts attempting to get back to real discussion- a.k.a., who should be on a pro bowl ballot. Let's quit tossing the barbs around, clearly we've both read all of each others' posts. I was even attempting with my follow up to say that I'm not trying to get too much into it, and agreed with you that you can leave manning off if you want, but let's not spend so much time on this, let's get back to why most of us are here.

If you'd like to take me up on that, do you have a response to my suggestion from a day or so ago that I think Bulluck, Hope, and Pacman as a returner are our only three with a legit shot at the Pro Bowl? Do you think any of the other titans on your list actually deserve it?

2. GoTitans3801

Back to discussion,

Sox,
    I agree that pro bowl shouldn't be on fan voting alone, it would run away too easily. I think they should have a say though. Fans voted Bulluck in last year and he still didn't make it, so who knows, maybe he didn't deserve it. I think the fans should at least have some say in it though.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The only way fans should be able to vote (and this will never happen) is to vote for players on other teams not their own.

4. GoTitans3801

That's overly complicated. I think they should just limit how many times the fans can vote. It's not hard to do, and there would be small ways to get around it, but it would even things up a little more.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Really how much do fans votes count? Bulluck was one of the highest voted players by fans and didn't make it.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great post GT.
    Thanks for your sincerity.

:rotfl:
    Splendid gesture… Least of my worries though. (no pun intended)
    What led you to assume that in the first place?
    I know for a fact that you don't have the intentions, nor would you be successful in going there with this member. Don't take that personally. ;)
    “Wu”? never heard of him. Enlighten me.

I'd like to see Bulluck lighten up the AFC defense at Honololu. He's played his heart out all season and has stepped up as a leader on and off the field. Nobody's more deserving than him.
    Chris Hope has been a pleasant surprise. I'm glad he's on our team and his tackling so far has been amazing.. his 91 tackles are the highest in the league for a SS and his 3 interceptions are impressive too. It would be a crime not to send him there.
    Pacman wins my vote for punt returner, and Hentrich's definitely deserves some consideration.

But when was the last time our players got the fair treatment in regards to being voted to go to pro-bowl. 2006 was a joke with only KVB getting to go.

For that specific reason, screw em all. Scratch my last paragraph, i stand by my original ballot.. :grrhee:

7. GoTitans3801

Fan Votes are 1/3, or so I've been led to believe. I was really surprised that he didn't make it.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players themselves, and the fans. Each group's ballots count for one third of the votes. There are also replacements that go to the game should any selected player be unable to play due to injuries. Prior to 1995, only the coaches and the players made Pro Bowl selections.

9. GoTitans3801

Appreciate your williness to move on.

WU was andre woolfolk's uncle. He was on here for quite a while and finally left after people kept baiting him into arguments because he wanted to defend his nephew.

I think Hentrich is a great punter, but I think it would be especially hard for him to go. His numbers aren't great this year, and no one will consider a small market team's punter, especially since it's a low profile position. He's got some great intangibles though, like setting up our FG on Sunday in spite of the bad snap. He's also the only one besides olsen still on the team from the MCM. He's a good leader and I hope he's around for a while. Maybe in a couple more years when we're making a serious push he can make it.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Yep i like hentrich but his numbers aren't impressive at all.
    He still does have talent of pasting the ball on the other team's 5 yard line.. But who would notice anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar