Projected Cap Figures for all NFL Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think a lot of our number is funny money. Once Mac gets worked out, things change dramatically. We'll see Sirmon, Olson and Hopkins also dip that on down quite a bit.

Reese said the team should be $10 mil under when it all shakes out. I don't know how the KVB and the upcoming draft plays into that number but I suspect we'll see the Titans be able to bring in a free agent or two.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting...

Our incredible success from 99-2003 is supposed to be the reason for our cap woes yet despite 2 straight losing seasons and the loss of a boat load of good players for money reasons we are still in worse cap shape than many other teams that have been even more successful. Why are the eagles, steelers, panthers and pats all in better shape? Each of those teams have been to 2 conference titles over the last 3 seasons. We have been to none in that time.

Jeff talks about the mcnair contract being funny money but there isn't anything funny about having to do another contract. And i don't think those fiqures do include the new KVB deal.

4. Yvette

Yvette Starter

I guess they didn't have insurmountable injuries.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

The Eagles, Steelers, Panthers, Colts, and Patriots will all go through what we are currently going through at some point in time. The Colts will probably have a worse cap crunch than us.
    What you are forgetting RollTide, is that when you cut a player, the Titans still have to account for the dead money from the contract.
    Once McNair gets reworked(the site almost certainly accounts for the 50 million dollar bonus). By cutting or reworking the contracts of Sirmon, Olsen, and Hopkins, the Titans can and will get down to 10 million below the cap

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus...

Why is it taking the colts so long to go through their cap hell? They starting winning the same year as the titans in 1999. They have made the playoffs 6 times in the last 7 seasons with a 14 win season, a 13 win season and 2 12 win seasons. The only significant player they might lose is edge. They already signed wayne and harrison and manning are under long term contracts. Sanders isn't going to be a contract issue for a while.

Edge james salary the last 2 seasons.
    2004--4.5M
    2005--9.1M

Wow, a hall of fame type back for an average of just $7M? No wonder!

I don't see the eagles being in cap hell soon either. They have already lost several quality players over the last 3 seasons and they got rid of TO. Only aging jon runyon fiqures to be a bigtime cap loss this year for them.

The pats might be in cap hell? When? They already have 3 rings and age is the biggest problem they have. The only big time cap casualty they might have is their kicker.

Carolina a team with 5 playoff wins in 3 years fiqures to lose deshaun foster and ricky manning. Big deal an oft injured RB and a nickel back.

Who might the steelers lose to the cap this season? Randall el? I bet they sign him and other than him the only significant loss would be a starting DE kimo van olhofen(sp?) a player who must be 35 years old. The steelers "cap hell" cost them burress and kendrell bell this year and they managed to win the super bowl anyway.

Seattle may lose alexander but they should have plenty of money to get some other players since they are $20M ahead. That is a team that has averaged almost 11 wins a year for the last 3.

As far as me forgetting the cap hit for releasing a player? Hell i have been talking about that all over these boards. If we just told mcnair to take a hike he still costs us $13M against the cap.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

The eagles have evolved. They've slowly replaced their DBs, they don't pay big $$. They've brought in big players for cheap (Owens) and lack a true #1 (now). Their RB isn't exactly a superstar (I'd say he's one of the worst RBs in the league (minus his pass catching ability)). They didn't wanna pay for their DT so yeh, you can see why they're in good cap shape.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm not sure what you're arguing with. The fact is we've lost a lot of good players and mismanaged the cap by paying players we shouldn't have.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Exactly. Reese was not ruthless enough during the good years. He decided to "keep the team together" instead of making surgical removals to keep the team competitive for the long term. Hopefully everyone in the organization recognizes their mistakes and the Titans move forward.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm aruing that we "mismanaged the cap". Just as you said. Can't you tell that there are people who don't think there was mismanagement? Can't you tell that this debacle is viewed by many as business as usual, it couldn't be helped? Can't you see that some here think that just because we won for a few years we are somehow destined to suck in cap hell for years?

Read starkiller's posts on these threads. To read his posts you would think the titans were the 1960s packers. There is this notion that because we were good for a few years we have no choice but to suck and every move ever made by reese and fisher must be logical.

People would rather think that the titans are just victims of the cap, victims of our own success. Victims of injuries. It scares people to think that maybe reese and fisher are not as good at their jobs as we may think. Maybe they are just gulp, average? We will find out in 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar