Proof that fisher sucks...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't get where people get the notion that we don't have talent, we have a ****load of talent:
    Hope,Harper,Finnegan,Griffin,Bulluck,Thornton,KVB, Haynesworth,Roos,Mawae,Stewart,White,Johnson,Scaife

And I even left off the borderline players like Brown,Scott,Crumpler,King,etc.

And I noticed that either Fuller or Schwartz isn't very brigth, giving a 7 yard cushion with the ball on your own 10 yard line...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where did you get that? This thread was started after 2 straight losing seasons. We had a period of 38 games when we won just 9 of them. We had lost 20 more games than we won in that time.

I didn't bring this thread back another poster did to be hateful because back when we were losing he didn't care and had no complaint about the coaching.

I only complianed about a couple of calls but if we are going down memory lane i will gladly mention the failures we have had.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well then you suck at evaluating talent.

Defensive line

Offensive line

Linebackers

Secondary

Name 10 better units than those 4.

How many teams have better RBs than we do? 10-11?

We have a veteran QB and quality TEs.

I would say we are about as talented as the 2000 team that had 8 pro bowlers.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Well then you suck at evaluating talent.

:ha:

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

But do they good on their own or is it because Fisher has coached them up so well? I could argue that we have 8 potential Pro Bowlers because Fisher coached them into becoming Pro Bowlers. Personally, I think its a fair share of both. But look at some of our guys before they were here.

Finnegan? A seventh round pick. Tony Brown? Undrafted free agent. KVB? Injury prone dud. Stephen Tulloch? Fouth round pick. Nick Harper? Over the hill corner who was supposedly on the downside of his career. Jevon Kearse? Injury prone for Philly and never played at a high level there. That's over half of our defense. And that's not even getting into the situational guys like Dave Ball who are contributing now.

Offensive line? Stewart and Amano were both fourth round picks.

QB and TE? Collins was supposedly done, but now he has resurrected himself here. And Bo Scaife, our leading receiver? A sixth round pick. Ahmad Hall? Undrafted free agent.

My point is, we are winning because we have players playing at a high level. It just seems like any time we are playing well, you say that Fisher just has a team with a lot of talent. But I think its safe to say they are talented because they are well coached. Just look at that list. Half of our starters were either second day picks or washed up before they came here. Half of the starters on this 9-0 team are players nobody else wanted. I think that's a testament to Jeff Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. As the late great Bear Bryant once said, "..it's still a coach's game. Make no mistake. You start at the top. If you don't have a good one at the top, you don't have a cut dog's chance. If you do, the rest falls into place. You have to have good assistants, and a lot of things, but first you have to hav the chairman of the board."

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Worst timing for a thread ever. It puts me putting up a pro VY thread right before the Ravens game to shame.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Chris Johnson would say the same about you.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nice post. If people are still trying to reason that JF is a lousy coach just go jump off a bridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar