Proof That S. Taylor Spit In The Face...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Spitting on your opponent is one of the dirtiest, most disrepectful things you can do...I wish he could another game. That was a ***** move right there for real. :sad2:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

your not wrong there.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What about the team? I agree how bad it is and he go what he deserved with the money and all but that team had to go on to win without him. He let his team down. Him being back to try to help them win the divisionals is punishment enough IMHO.

In regular season a suspension would have been severe, but...

This is postseason. Can't punish a team like that.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

What kind of message is that? What he's going to pay is pocket change most likely, he misses like half a game, and that's it? There can't be this shade of grey because of circumstances such as playoffs. You spit in someones face, you gotta miss more than half a game period IMO.

If Taylor was suspened against the Seahawks, you can be damn sure he wouldn't be pulling BS like that. I'm by no means a complainer for rule infringements, but spitting in someones face is just disgusting conduct for a so called proffessional. Taylor is a good player, but he's a real ******* and needs to learn that he can't be pullin' that BS.

5. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

I totally agree with Kamikaz. I don't think it would be severe if he was suspended for the Hawks game. Actually, I think the fine was lenient. Jim Mora got 25k for using his cell phone. Joe Horn got 30k for his cell phone celebration. And neither one of those guys disrespected anyone other than themselves. LOL.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think 1 game is fair. Just because you don't want people spitting all over other people. It's just not right to do that. And 1 game says don't do it to everyone. But the real truth is spit is what it is. It's not a big deal. It really isn't. And it's not worth 10$ let alone $25,000 fine. Let's be serious. Spit is not going to kill anyone any worse than trash talk. It's not like the players don't throw up on the field, pee their pants, and all other kinds of disgusting stuff. Spit isn't all that big of deal. It's just spit. I understand the respect part of it, but spit didn't hurt anyone, and if I hit someone cause they spit on me, I think I committed the worse crime. I ought to be able to walk away from a spitting incident. no matter how justified I might be in hitting the spitter. So when you say fine the guy for spitting, I think it's a little absurd. IF you suspend him for a game, I think it has a little more purpose.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Spitting on your opponent is grossly disrespectful, and shouldn't be taught to the youth who watches the sport. Period. That kinda BS needs to be weeded out of the sport man, and if you think spitting isn't a big deal, then you're supporting that same behavior by thinking no severe action should happen.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It aint worth $25,000 in my opinion. Like I said, take away his xbox for a day or suspend him a game, but don't take away his money. That's just ridiculous. Spitting is wrong, but it aint worth $25,000. In China it is a custom to spit. The thing of it is I think the media has got it all wrong. He should be suspended for one game instead of fined. The fine is useless and over the top. Suspension for a game stops everyone from spitting. And there is nothing over the top about a one game suspension.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Spitting in someones face in AMERICA is not a custom, so enough of that (we ain't in China, so how is that relevant in the least?). 25k is nothing for Taylor. Nothing! He shoulda missed the Seattle game, bottom line.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, if he got fined 25K, that'd be monopoly money to him. I'd give him the fine and the game personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar