Proof That S. Taylor Spit In The Face...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isnt it possible to get Hepatitus and other diseases from spit (mostly landing in someone elses mouth?)

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

If you're suspended for a game you lose the paycheck for that game. So I'm not sure I understand your stance, Slamma.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I know, but it doesn't have to be that way. Suspend him for the game and still give him his paycheck. That's how it should be. Even though the salaries are disproportional to society, I just can't advocate the punishment of so much money for something like spitting ( or end zone celebrations ). It just doesn't seem right to me. The NFL or the players union ought to think about it. The fines are not only pointless, because the player could care less, they are an obscene amount of money that does not fit the crime. So what is the point. There is no point to the fine from any perspective. It does nothing, unless he is Latrell Sprewell, cause he has a family to feed and all.

As for spitting being dangerous, it can be, which is why China banned spitting during the sars epidemic, but spitting is not a hazard, and nobody should be freaking out because of the potential hazards of spitting, unless of course you are a germaphobe, but then maybe you shouldn't be playing football, Spitting just insn't a risky venture in most peoples opinion. It would be an oddball situation for someone to contract threatening disease from spitting.

As for mentioning China, I'm just saying that spitting is not some resident evil that must be stopped at all costs. Some cultures promote it. It's not the end of the world to be spit on. Unless it's a cobra, then maybe you gotta rethink your situation. It is possible that Sean Taylor is a snake, but the odds are he's not a cobra, so I'm not to worried about his spit at this point. It's just not a crime worth that amount of money.

Now if it was more like a deposit, I wouldn't mind, as in if you spit again we keep it. If you don't we give it back to you next year. But the fine is silly to me and the NFL ought to use common sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar