Proof that the WR dropped pass myth is BS..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

two hands on the ball should be a catch in the nfl.

i think drops this year were less of a problem than last year, but when we're struggling for yards like we were this year and vince hits roydell on the five with no one in sight, it sure doesn't help things.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all it isn't an "article" as if it were some guys opinion. It is simply stats based on some criteria. Based on those "stats" the Colts WRs dropped about 6% of their passes while the Titans WRs dropped about 3.5% of their passes.

1. STATS LLC could care less about VY,the Titans or WRs, they just report stats.
    2. When Titan WRs do make a drop it is amplified because we don't pass as much.
    3. This proves that peoples minds can be bent to believe whatever they want to believe if it is factual or not.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I gotta say that in this case i trust my eyes more than stats. Vince has had more than his share of bad passes but I've seen too many passes dropped at critical times to just say that it is all Vince.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

So according to this roll, our wr our better than indy's. Hey, which would you rather get hit with, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?:grrhee:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

A case certaily be made that our WRs don't drop any more balls than Indy's.

Why the insistance that our WRs must drop more balls? Is it because we are insecure? Do we feel we are inadequate? Those are the facts despite whatever fantasy land you guys want to live in.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Facts without definition. I saw three games last year, there were a hell of a lot of dropped catches. More than the other teams we played, even more frustration the other team WRs were catching balls in traffic that I thought had no hope.

That's all I need to know to know our WRs are average and drop far too many.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Is there anyone who is actually denying that Vince needs to improve?

Futhermore, is there anyone denying that better WRs will help him improve?

I don't see this debate as having 2 mutually exclusive sides. We all want a better passing game. To me, that means we need to get some better WRs.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Is there a stat for bad passes? I don't know of one but from some of these posters who have no stats for this they sure do crow about how bad a passer vince is.

And no you can't point to incompletes because they don't take into account passes thrown away, passes dropped or receivers running wrong routes. You also cant take into account interceptions because there are such things as good Ints and Ints where the receiver was hit in the hands and tipped it into the hands of a defender.

So just as you say we are delusional because stats don't support our view that our receivers suck, I can surely say that stats don't support your view that Vince is a bad passer.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kid gloves, sorry but i was way ahead of you and already considered passes thrown go read it. We were 28th in pass attempts but 31st in drops..

10. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

You know Roll Tide, I really think your knowledgeable when I read most of your posts and I respect your opinion. Now, I DO NOT agree with these statements your are posting. This website is totally wrong. I don't know if you watch the games in full. You may be one of those guys that go to bars and crush beers and not watch the second half, you could be a guy that just believes everything he sees. If I could go back and pick out 10 games I know FOR SURE I could count over 16 drops. This is bogus information, and I don't even know how you believe this, if you watch the games. Remember there is 60 MINUTES in an NFL football game. Sorry Roll Tide but its tough love from me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar