Prospect Watch for Every Bowl Game

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Looking forward to Nebraska vs USC tmro; gonna keep a close eye on Gregory & Williams for sure.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anyone interested in Marcus Peters? CB that got kicked off the UW squad for multiple arguments with coaches. He's a top-10 talent. I'd rather take him in the sixth or seventh than a guy like Scott Solomon....

Noah Spence too.

#12 Fry, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Only in the late rounds like you said. If it wasn't for the off the field concerns he's 1st round talent.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Depends on how much and how deep the baggage goes. Someone will take a chance on him...as early as the 2nd but more likely in the 3rd-5th range from what I know. A lot will depend on the baggage. But short of something really nasty, arguably the best CB in the draft will not go undrafted. Teams like to use a pick they can walk away from. If he's say a 6th round pick, he knows any trouble and he will simply find a pink slip in his locker!

Think of how good UW's D could have been this year...Shelton (1st rnd), Peters (1st rnd talent), Shaq Thompson (1st rnd), Kikaha (2nd rnd). What other defense can match that in quality of talent? Maybe FSU but thats about it.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

How do you feel about Shaq Thompson being move to Safety? He's to small to play linebacker unless he has a major bulk. Limited experience as a runningback. Played nickel as a freshman pretty well, so the coverage ability is there. I like a move to SS

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I personally think that's what late round picks are for. I thought we should have taken a chance on Burfict in the 7th a few years ago. If it doesn't work out you've only lost a 7th rounder. It seems to me that there's more of a chance of a high talent, low character guy working out than a lower talent high character guys left on the board. I'm all for taking Peters late, or even AJ Johnson from Tennessee if he's still there.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Did anybody watch the Orange Bowl between Mississippi State and Georgia Tech? GT had a guard, Shaquille Mason that was absolutely bulldozing people during that game. Could be had in the 6th or 7th.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Funny I was just thinking about him and was watching some tape on him. He might be the most complete LB in the draft and despite his size, he actually is good at taking on OL and shedding them. They also move him all over the place and like to play him back in coverage.

I was thinking Thompson will either be a great Will LB in a 4-3, but maybe we could put him at SS in the Cam Chancellor mold! The only question I see there is his deep coverage ability but then again, you can always drop him into underneath coverage and have the CB take the deep or use him as a pass coverage LB for the short-intermediate zones and bring in another S over top to play a deep zone. I don't he's not at least as good as Pollard in the deep zone. If he runs a 4.5 40 I think people will see OLB or S as possibilities. I'd really like to see him go with both the LB's as well as the DB's at the combine so he can show his athleticism and his ability to play S.

I would definitely like Shaq being on our team and I think Horton would find good ways to use him. Reminds me a bit of Derrick Brooks actually.

9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

@Gut I think the coverage ability is going to be there, he played well as a freshman at nickelback. I think he wants to play linebacker at the next year, I would like to see him be a little bigger for the 3-4. His size now would be fine in a 4-3. I still think he would make a great safety to play in the box and blitz.

Thompson was already in San Diego prepare to being pre-draft training. He said his intent is to train as an outside linebacker, while also putting in work as a defensive back to increase his chance. His position of choice in the NFL: Outside linebacker first, strong safety second.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/01/05/6001199/washington-linebacker-shaq-thompson.html#storylink=cpy

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

One of the great things about him is his versatility. At UW, he played in the secondary, at OLB, he blitzed, and even lined up at MLB. The one thing I did not see him do a lot was rush the passer from the outside (Kikaha did most of that like a typical 3-4 OLB. I think he would be better at SS and maybe even ILB next to Williamson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar